Another plane down

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Flying in a mountainous environment can be very dangerous, especially at lower altitudes when turbulence recovery is altitude-limited....

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
That's three aircraft down in two months because of this bad weather. *I'm grounding myself until it improves.

I've never landed at Constanza, but it has the reputation of being a tricky airfield, especially with a low performance aircraft. *Lots of high terrain around and certainly not favorable in bad weather and low visibility.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
That's three aircraft down in two months because of this bad weather. *I'm grounding myself until it improves.

I've never landed at Constanza, but it has the reputation of being a tricky airfield, especially with a low performance aircraft. *Lots of high terrain around and certainly not favorable in bad weather and low visibility.
And some crazy winds and up/down drafts...

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
The weird thing is that a couple of hours before an American private pilot with no experience in the DR and no instrument rating landed there in clear weather and departed in a tiny Cessna 152 without incident,
I hate treasonous weather!

And pilots flying beyond their abilities...