Anybody ever seen the soda Mountain Dew anywhere in DR?

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
I have lived there before for years, all parts, and I have never seen it in any store. I must admit it is my coffee of choice to start the day. I only vacation in the DR now, and bring my own boat load on the journey. I think its a Pepsi product and there sure is Pepsi everywhere. Thanks for any info.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I have lived there before for years, all parts, and I have never seen it in any store. I must admit it is my coffee of choice to start the day. I only vacation in the DR now, and bring my own boat load on the journey. I think its a Pepsi product and there sure is Pepsi everywhere. Thanks for any info.

i dunno about other cities but little supermarket in costambar (puerto plata area) sells it on regular basis. tried it once. gross as f. alas, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
Thanks DV8, hoping more southcoast, where I will spend most of February. Thanks for the info.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i've also seen it in la sirena in POP so there is a chance other la sirena stores may have it too. i think i only ever saw cans. 39 pesos?

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
I did just read through that and we have guys going to Haiti for DEW....lol....I wont be doing that, looks like suitcase and golf travel bag will be filled to 50lb max....lol

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
La Sirena did not have it in Santo Domingo, the one i went to at least, that was last February. Thanks for the info though

i've also seen it in la sirena in POP so there is a chance other la sirena stores may have it too. i think i only ever saw cans. 39 pesos?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They have it in Jumbo Luperon. I like to think thanks to your truly, since I waged a "suggestions" war for ages until they finally decided to start stocking it.

Also cherry Coke, A & W Root Beer, Ginger Ale, Dr. Pepper.

If you don't find any when you go, it's because I was there shortly before you got there.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I could be wrong, but I think JDJones found it somewhere in SD

They have it in Jumbo Luperon. I like to think thanks to your truly, since I waged a "suggestions" war for ages until they finally decided to start stocking it.

Also cherry Coke, A & W Root Beer, Ginger Ale, Dr. Pepper.

If you don't find any when you go, it's because I was there shortly before you got there.

Thanks for validating my memory, I was pretty sure I remembered you posting about it. Of course, I'm not sure what I had for breakfast yesterday though. :)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
With so much delicious coffee available down here to start your day.. why drink sh*t?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Was it Mountain Dew?

Haha, no way, if you mean my breakfast. I don't drink soda of any kind. Once in a blue moon in DR, merengue.

29ea2d10ebdf83689c3bbc029ce178a1.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i love refrescos. alas, calories. it's a complete waste to drink them if one can have CAKE. so i limit myself to coke light/zero and on weekends only. occasionally i have dr pepper. if i see diet version of it in la sirena i'd buy it too.

no offence to mountain dew drinkers out there but i associate this drink with honey boo boo and obese hillbillies. i think it was a soda of choice in mama june's household.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
i love refrescos. alas, calories. it's a complete waste to drink them if one can have CAKE. so i limit myself to coke light/zero and on weekends only. occasionally i have dr pepper. if i see diet version of it in la sirena i'd buy it too.

no offence to mountain dew drinkers out there but i associate this drink with honey boo boo and obese hillbillies. i think it was a soda of choice in mama june's household.

Got cake?
Indeed, if going to put unhealthy things in my body, cake and brownies are at the top of the list.
Nothing like a hot cup of coffee and a slice of fresh cake from one of the many panederias here in Santiago. Makes life hear very enjoyable on the rainiest of days.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Got cake?
Indeed, if going to put unhealthy things in my body, cake and brownies are at the top of the list.
Nothing like a hot cup of coffee and a slice of fresh cake from one of the many panederias here in Santiago. Makes life hear very enjoyable on the rainiest of days.

go to Sosua, find the cafe called Fresh Fresh, and ruin your health with those decadent brownies.