Great Game

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
question

When I was growing up a hockey fan, there were no USA born players in the NHL. How many are there now on team USA?

I would think the majority would be Can ex-pats. Ex: Brette Hull?

Do they emigrate and become citizens? Tax reasons?
Good game.
Good luck Canadians.
Go USA

Thanks

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Canadien Players

Actually I think Brett might be from the USA (born in Chi-Town when Bobby was playing there)but yes there are more and more players coming from the US due to the colledge and University programs that are in place and the filtration the NHL has made into the USA(ie:Florida North Carolina ect,ect,)When I was growing up 85 % of the p[layers were from Ontario....let alone the countrie of Cananada.....but now it is a lot more widespread......Russia....Finland ...USA.....Cechk...ect,ect,
GO CANADA GO.........GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 minutes left!!!!!!!!!! Canada winning......but just got a penantly

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
I was wondering if maybe Brett was born here during Bobbie's stint in chi-town.
I am familiar with a guy named Drury who is from near my home town who plays for Colorodo but I was surprised that Brian Leetch ( another home-stater ) was there as long in the tooth as he is. ( Spent his long and good career playing for those Strangers ). Found out that Phil Housley is USA born, he's been covered a bit lately.
Anyway congratulations Canada!
Better luck next time USA.