interesting guys in dr or what??

jo2na

Feb 24, 2002
well, while visiting the dr, i could'nt help but to notice the guys! but i also noticed that everytime someone i know goes to dr, they come back, almost in love. and i noticed that while your in the dr, for a week or two, its all wonderful, everyone treats you like a king/queen, everything is pretty and the weather is most of the time wonderful.so of course if a guy finds out that you came all this way, they appraoch you just a little bit different then they do to the girls that already live there. and since life is so good and peaceful during those two weeks, you just fall deeeppp in love with that 1 guy, because everything is sweet. but after spending 3, 4, 5 weeks, things began to change, no more sweety, baby, honey, mi amor..no more phone calls at night to check if everything is ok in your hotel. it all changes. now when you return to the US, you lose complete contact with this guy and dont know where he is or where to find him, you've spoken to him a few times but, it is not the same person anymore. and then your left with your little broken heart, just counting the days for your return. WHY IS THAT???????? WHY ARE THEY LIKE THAT????

well this is a true story, and i am dominican, and i cant say that they wanted my money, because they had their own. but why do they loose interest all the sudden?? this is bothering me!..thank you for your time..can i get some responses from you please!!!!!!!!

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
all successful long distance relationships have one thing in common - a strong foundation or a history together. Some people fall so madly in love that a foundation isn't necessary but 4-5 is not my idea of a history. If you saw that this guy started to lose interest even while you were in DR, what would make you think that he would be any different when you came back to the US. "out of sight out of mind" - ever hear of that?

When I was younger and I would go to DR, I would always come back to the states with a new girlfriend. That would last for about a week, at most a month. Then it was back to the old routine. I am glad I got over that when I was younger because now when I go back I can meet someone, enjoy their company but know not to committ myself to something that it's probably not going to work.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
That's a great reply DR techie! I agree with you. I myself have also fallen in the trap, except, we meet up each time I go to the D.R., 3 times now, and it's always the same thing, get romantically involved and then no contact when we're seperated! It breaks your heart, then you learn how to still love, but to move on and not get caught up in it. The thing that puzzles me is why when his brother came to visit Canada and he went back to the D.R., my guy (his bro) got upset that I didn't write him a letter????

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Useless commentary

In English we say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder...". What a crock of crap!

In Spanish it's, "el ausencia hace el olvido..."

The Spanish version makes much more sense...

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Vacation romances are great! Whirlwind and romantic. I got lucky, my vacation romance is still on. I met my man here 2 years ago in April. We kept in touch...not alot but enough. And now I live here its not the romantic thing it was on vaca. but he is still here for me. I didn't expect it to be like it was on vaca. but we still see eachother a few times a week and still talk most everyday. But even if we didn't I wouldn't give up the feelinbg of that great vacation love! Nothing like it! Enjoy it and take it for what it is.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
true true

I agree with what DRTechie said, but it doesn?t always happen like that! Everything depends on the 2 people involved. I have been to the DR three times now visiting someone I met there when I was on a trip for only a week. We have been together long distance for a year March 30 and I will most likely be moving there after I graduate! Our friends think we?re crazy but it does happen sometimes. If that guy didn?t call it?s his loss, and he was most likely the type that wanted to be with an American for the sake of being an American not for who you really are. Keep looking, the good ones are out there I swear!