Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Watch out who you let in!!

Boy is by himself in the apartment and hears people getting inside, calls his dad who calls the neighbors.
    One of the robbers worked on a closet in that apartment several days ago.

http://somospueblo.com/vea-el-video-...-los-proceres/

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominicans taking care of business. I wish more Americans had the Guts to do the same , when need be .
    I highly doubt my neighbors would help me out the same way . This man is very lucky to have such good Neighbors .

3. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Xmas is coming... good times, lol.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

If these robbers would have been shot at while detained, what are the chances for charges against the shooters with video as evidence?

Just curious.

I know DR makes up it's own laws!!!!

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Me? Shooting? In a video? Yo no fui y ya...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    If these robbers would have been shot at while detained, what are the chances for charges against the shooters with video as evidence?

Just curious.

I know DR makes up it's own laws!!!!

Depends if the shooter is a foreigner..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm impressed that these neighbors came together and reacted via a phone call and hopefully in time to save the child from harm. People coming together to protect and comfort a child is of what this is about in mho. That is amazing in it's self.

I counted 1 shotgun and 3 handguns. That's pretty amazing also for a Country that some are trying to "take away" all guns. I wonder if they all are legal BUT ?? I wonder if the outcome would have been different with 4 robbers faced the 1st one or two neighbors that were not armed?

Of course I know the argument of taking away guns from legal people vs the not that would be still armed. So not going their.

IF one the robbers attacked a responder and then protecting yourself IS legal inside your property for that 1 attacker. This is in a "common" secured area so it should be considered part of each apts/owners' property. Grey area but should be OK unless an unlicensed gun is used by the responding shooter then a different outcome.

Bottom line to me is my first para. I wish I had some neighbors with those same balls.

I'm really tired of; and have stopped, being the "Lone Ranger", for all my wimpy expat wimps and never give back but always are screaming when in trouble but never respond to me or others.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice story....
    But those guys are an accident waiting to happen.
    Leaning over the ladrones with their guns....lol. *Imagine one of them is a*pipero with nothing to lose.....
    They even walk in front of the shotgun numerous times.....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Nice story....
    But those guys are an accident waiting to happen.
    Leaning over the ladrones with their guns....lol. *Imagine one of them is a*pipero with nothing to lose.....
    They even walk in front of the shotgun numerous times.....
    As you could see in the video the thieves were scared shytless, the vigilantes didn't have to worry about anything.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Detaining suspects 101: 1 provides cover while another places zip ties (or what's available) on their wrists behind their backs.

In DR no one shoots anyone, the correct response is "se me safo un tiro".*

My 2 cents.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast