Watch out who you let in!!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Dominicans taking care of business. I wish more Americans had the Guts to do the same , when need be .
I highly doubt my neighbors would help me out the same way . This man is very lucky to have such good Neighbors .

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
If these robbers would have been shot at while detained, what are the chances for charges against the shooters with video as evidence?

Just curious.

I know DR makes up it's own laws!!!!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
If these robbers would have been shot at while detained, what are the chances for charges against the shooters with video as evidence?

Just curious.

I know DR makes up it's own laws!!!!

Depends if the shooter is a foreigner..

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I'm impressed that these neighbors came together and reacted via a phone call and hopefully in time to save the child from harm. People coming together to protect and comfort a child is of what this is about in mho. That is amazing in it's self.

I counted 1 shotgun and 3 handguns. That's pretty amazing also for a Country that some are trying to "take away" all guns. I wonder if they all are legal BUT ?? I wonder if the outcome would have been different with 4 robbers faced the 1st one or two neighbors that were not armed?

Of course I know the argument of taking away guns from legal people vs the not that would be still armed. So not going their.

IF one the robbers attacked a responder and then protecting yourself IS legal inside your property for that 1 attacker. This is in a "common" secured area so it should be considered part of each apts/owners' property. Grey area but should be OK unless an unlicensed gun is used by the responding shooter then a different outcome.

Bottom line to me is my first para. I wish I had some neighbors with those same balls.

I'm really tired of; and have stopped, being the "Lone Ranger", for all my wimpy expat wimps and never give back but always are screaming when in trouble but never respond to me or others.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Nice story....
But those guys are an accident waiting to happen.
Leaning over the ladrones with their guns....lol. *Imagine one of them is a*pipero with nothing to lose.....
They even walk in front of the shotgun numerous times.....

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Nice story....
But those guys are an accident waiting to happen.
Leaning over the ladrones with their guns....lol. *Imagine one of them is a*pipero with nothing to lose.....
They even walk in front of the shotgun numerous times.....

As you could see in the video the thieves were scared shytless, the vigilantes didn't have to worry about anything.

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
Detaining suspects 101: 1 provides cover while another places zip ties (or what's available) on their wrists behind their backs.

In DR no one shoots anyone, the correct response is "se me safo un tiro".*

My 2 cents.......

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
So . . ..they all have bars on the windows except the apt on ground floor? You see bars on apts on high floors that would be impossible to get to. First floor? Weird.