Tell me about Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
I might be visiting in January and would appreciate some info on Cabarete.

I have stayed in a couple of hotels in Puerto Plata and Las Terrenas but never visited Cabarete. Some questions:

1. Any recommendations for a guest friendly hotel?
2. I am not seeing much in the way of all inclusives in Cabarete. Is there a particular location that is good for finding food?
3. I loved renting a quad in Las Terrenas but I did not see any of them in Puerto Plata. Can you rent quads in Cabarete too?
4. How is the ocean water cleanliness? I wasn't too impressed with PP but LT was much better.
5. Are there are any cabanas in the area? I loved Venus in PP and would like to find something similar.

Thanks.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

I have stayed in a couple of hotels in Puerto Plata and Las Terrenas but never visited Cabarete. Some questions:

Wrong forum.

2. I am not seeing much in the way of all inclusives in Cabarete. Is there a particular location that is good for finding food?
There are restaurants all over the beach area. Once you're in town, you actually have to work at it to avoid them.

3. I loved renting a quad in Las Terrenas but I did not see any of them in Puerto Plata. Can you rent quads in Cabarete too?
There are a few, but mostly scooter and motorcycle rentals. I'd encourage you just to walk or take the gua-guas. Cabarete is not that big, and gua-guas (local minivans serving as a bus service) are dirt cheap and way safer.

4. How is the ocean water cleanliness? I wasn't too impressed with PP but LT was much better.
The ocean is clean and very nice, but can be rough for swimming due to the strong surf. I'd only advise you go out a few meters unless you are a strong swimmer. There are generally no lifeguards present.

5. Are there are any cabanas in the area? I loved Venus in PP and would like to find something similar.
Wrong forum

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the only cabanas i know in that area is located sort of half way between cabarete and sabaneta, quite a long way out of town.

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012

Thanks.

I don't get it, people act like this is a big place, it's just 1 street. So what do u mean by which areas, it ia a small dominican village where the tourist area is just 1 street. People please stop acting like it's a town or whateva, 1 miserable street

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
A dozen bars is all Cabarete is. A good place to get drunk and find a wild female, but not much more.
Der Fish

Jan 17, 2009
Yes, it is small, but by no means as you define it. *Cabarete goes from Seahorse Ranch (and a bit further towards Sosua) to Islabon. *That's not so small. *Now if you're talking about the center of town, yes, it is one main street and goes from about Janet's supermarket to Bozo Beach, that is, Cabarete Bay. *Cabarete is not just Cabarete Bay.

I don't get it, people act like this is a big place, it's just 1 street. So what do u mean by which areas, it ia a small dominican village where the tourist area is just 1 street. People please stop acting like it's a town or whateva, 1 miserable street

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Dude, you want Sosua. Casa Marina AI and Dulce Sucreto for your amores.

Cabarete is so small it doesn't even have a traffic light. Cabarete is so small it doesn't have a Cabana. Cabarete is so small it doesn't have Quads going wild. In Cabarete most men have crotch itch, and in Cabarete screwdrivers disappear. Go figure.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015

Best post ever! Love it!

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It's only like a 5 min drive to a Caba?a outside of Cab.
Water is cleaner than PP
You can rent quads in cab but I would not recommend that to anyone.

Water is much less clean than in Sosua. By me, the beach in Cabarete just smells bad.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
A dozen bars is all Cabarete is. A good place to get drunk and find a wild female, but not much more.
Der Fish

Unless one is all sporty and wants to risk one's life and limb with kites and parachutes and such.

Or if one is in possession (however temporary) of an acquisitive novia, well, then....walk on.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
You need to read Cabarete Diaries II. Seriously. Frank12 will 'splain it all to you.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006

Thanks.

I think everyone here is being played by someone who is with a large corporation, or someone who is either anti Cabarete, or anti DR. All the questions are designed to evoke a negative response to some degree. Anyone reading these answers are sure to lower their opinion of the DR in some aspect. Many answering will be inclined to say something negative, (they have) since none of the questions are designed to elicit a positive answer by the average person. By the way, I own no properties in Cabarete. I just find the OP's questions very odd. Why take the bait? These questions could all be answered by spending a few minutes on DR1 or Facebook.

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
I think everyone here is being played by someone who is with a large corporation, or someone who is either anti Cabarete, or anti DR. All the questions are designed to evoke a negative response to some degree. Anyone reading these answers are sure to lower their opinion of the DR in some aspect. Many answering will be inclined to say something negative, (they have) since none of the questions are designed to elicit a positive answer by the average person. By the way, I own no properties in Cabarete. I just find the OP's questions very odd. Why take the bait? These questions could all be answered by spending a few minutes on DR1 or Facebook.
Sorry, you are incorrect. Just a visiting tourist looking for information to compare different destinations. Now I know better.
If you took the time to look at my thread history before insulting me and my questions, you would know better.
Thank you for anyone who did take the time to give some type of answer.
Mods, feel free to close this thread. It has gone off course.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

thinking about it, you do have a point. superficially, they do seem like an innocuous collection of questions, but an in depth look makes your observation very rational.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
thinking about it, you do have a point. superficially, they do seem like an innocuous collection of questions, but an in depth look makes your observation very rational.

Exactly. Even the first question. What is a guest friendly hotel?
They all should be. It invokes a negative response. Very leading.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Caberete - A Whistle Stop

I have always asked myself this same question - spot on Santos. It is a nice place to go have dinner on the beach, when you can find parking. What is it about this 3 blocks on the main highway ? Oh yeah it has kite surfing - sure does. But every smoking lorrie, noisy 2-stroke scooter and giant diesel truck go through the center of town. Unless or until they bi-pass the town with a new route it will always seem like a whistle stop.
Imagine having the upcoming children's fair, planed on Pedro Clisante this Saturday, in Cabarete. Which street to close ?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Now that C. Dave is locked up, there is probably a serious drought of current guides outlining how to "experience the local culture" in 10 easy steps. Expect more posts like these.

Guest friendly hotel - not likely without payment, rent an apartment.

A Cabana? Rent one of these for a week and you don't need the above.

Food? Don't worry. No one "vacations" on the local economy here to eat. Food that is. If you get really hungry, a trip through the meat dept. in Janet's will fix that right up.

Playing coy won't work, we live here, we can see right through you. Come one down, bring lots of money, you'll find everything you want/need within 15 minutes of standing on any street corner.*

Status
Not open for further replies.