Dominican expert drivers - weekend - booze and there we go again...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i `posted about this disgrace months ago. there is no regular bus service from San Francisco de Macoris to Nagua. the public transportation is handled by double cabin pickups. passengers load into the cabin, and those who cannot fit end up in the cargo bed. there is no security back there, and in the event of a crash, there inevitably will be multiple deaths. just like the situation that just happened.

it is high time that the Dominican Republic contemplates, even fleetingly, the idea of joining the 21st century. to permit such a primitive and unsafe form or transportation is a criminal offense. i feel so sad for the losses of human life which occur so frequently in this country, but the place is just too damn backward.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
i `posted about this disgrace months ago. there is no regular bus service from San Francisco de Macoris to Nagua. the public transportation is handled by double cabin pickups. passengers load into the cabin, and those who cannot fit end up in the cargo bed. there is no security back there, and in the event of a crash, there inevitably will be multiple deaths. just like the situation that just happened.

it is high time that the Dominican Republic contemplates, even fleetingly, the idea of joining the 21st century. to permit such a primitive and unsafe form or transportation is a criminal offense. i feel so sad for the losses of human life which occur so frequently in this country, but the place is just too damn backward.

Caribe Tours runs to and from SFM / Nagua all day long. Its only 100 pesos each way.
Used them often when living in Nagua.
I have also used the pickup trucks. Some are ok but most drive like we're being chased by the cops.
The pickup trucks also cost more, they were charging 120 each way last time I used one back in 2012.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Caribe Tours runs to and from SFM / Nagua all day long. Its only 100 pesos each way.
Used them often when living in Nagua.
I have also used the pickup trucks. Some are ok but most drive like we're being chased by the cops.
The pickup trucks also cost more, they were charging 120 each way last time I used one back in 2012.

i have been to SFM once, and wanted to go to Nagua from there. i was told that the only public transportation was those double cabin camionetas. i went back to POP rather than getting into those trucks. glad to know that Caribe Tours does the trip. i might need that info some day down the road.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
i have been to SFM once, and wanted to go to Nagua from there. i was told that the only public transportation was those double cabin camionetas. i went back to POP rather than getting into those trucks. glad to know that Caribe Tours does the trip. i might need that info some day down the road.

Dominicans do not consider Caribe Tours to be publicos. *

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I will do you one better. The Ocoa to Rancho Arriba shuttle is a 1980s vintage Land Rover SUV retrofitted with face-to-face bench seating in the rear. The roof serves as a cargo hold. https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u...ose-de-ocoa-guagua-to-rancho-arriba29.jpg&f=1

It's quite an adventure.