200 civilians dead at the hands of PN in 2016

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
How many lives were lost at the hands of these 200 products of society? That never gets mentioned.

and that is the point. a while back human rights rep was fuming how PN was killing people. chief of the police responded: as long as they are shooting at us, we will be shooting at them.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
and yet there was that article recently about the scumbag who had been caught & released 3 times in a month. maybe the pn colonel xmas gift list was not yet completed?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not saying its the right way for the PN to handle these little devils 100% of the time but it can be a
deterrent for others not to commit the same criminal acts and for those of you who've never been
in a gun fight I can tell you... its one hell of a rush! :laugh:

Polar Bear

Jun 23, 2011
I would have thought there would have been more. 200 is about what I might expect just from The Capital.

Not saying it's right nor wrong but life is cheap in the DR especially if you are a barrio criminal.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Extra judicial execution by the police is characteristic of third world dictatorships and today's Phillipines. Even though it is sometimes cumbersome and from time to time the guilty escape I like the presumption of innocence. Duterte has killed thousands in this fashion and is proud of his record, bragging he has pulled the trigger himself as an example to "his men". Uncivilized barbarian.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You should care because one day you may be the innocent victim of cops emptying their guns at fleeing suspect and a round or 10 hit you. Hi capacity 9mm semi auto pistols often have an 18 shot capacity. Cops don't get much practice time as bullets are expensive so they are not good shots and must make up for that by volume.*

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You should care because one day you may be the innocent victim of cops emptying their guns at fleeing suspect and a round or 10 hit you. Hi capacity 9mm semi auto pistols often have an 18 shot capacity. Cops don't get much practice time as bullets are expensive so they are not good shots and must make up for that by volume.*

Better chance of being run over by a drunk driver.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Unfortunately there is no difference between barrio criminals and police in DR. The same trash from the same barrios. Who cares if they kill each other? I wish they could create civilized police at least for SD city center and tourist areas, but it's the same crap there. Police in DR look like shlt and they act like shlt. The shame for the country receiving so many tourists.
Sounds like you've had 1 or 2 bad experiences. My experiences have been very good. But, if you're dealing with the bottom of the barrel you'll have, well the bottom of the barrel.
Bottom of the barrel: The phrase often occurs in scrape the bottom of the barrel, meaning “to use the least desirable elements” (because one has no choice).

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Sorry, that was meant to be a strict "dislike" for this post. Sounds like another person who lobs volleys until they are in need of help. Raise the walls from 8 to 12 feet. Add some razor wire as well. I'll take my chances here with those cops and their 18 shot capacity over the dregs that have been cut down by them. 10 years strong here in the RD and I haven't had one problem or complaint with the Policia Nacional. Not one. My journey has been quite the opposite. My complaint is with the government who purposely underpays and under supports them.