Great to see an active forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
Hello,

I'm presently living in SF Bay Area California but relocating to DR around Christmas with the intention of marrying a Dominican. I'm an IT guy since the mid-1990's so it's great to see an active forum. I don't have any particular questions at the moment however I'm glad to have access to dr1.com as a potential resource of information. I've much to learn.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello,

I'm presently living in SF Bay Area California but relocating to DR around Christmas with the intention of marrying a Dominican. I'm an IT guy since the mid-1990's so it's great to see an active forum. I don't have any particular questions at the moment however I'm glad to have access to dr1.com as a potential resource of information. I've much to learn.

OK, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. Let's hear the story of how you met? I'm assuming you have all your paperwork together to apply for residency? Don't leave us hanging?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hello,

Welcome to the pleasure dome!
Have you met aforementioned Dominican yet, or shopping for the future ex-wife/husband?

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
OK, my curiosity has gotten the best of me. Let's hear the story of how you met? I'm assuming you have all your paperwork together to apply for residency? Don't leave us hanging?

We met online a while ago. I've done most things online since the 90's. i'm not a spring chicken.
She's a lawyer so she's got that stuff handled. She will make sure all the t's are dotted and i's are crossed :) It's a good situation.

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
Welcome to the pleasure dome!
Have you met aforementioned Dominican yet, or shopping for the future ex-wife/husband?

it's true, the first time I was married years and years ago it never occurred to me that divorce was an option. My parents met in high school and are still married, they are like 70 years old now. To me it's family, not something to be tossed out. But she split with another guy. So my opinions have been 'more modernized' I suppose. Marriage is more like a ten year plan it seems. But like anything else, hope for the best.

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Marrying a Dominican woman lawyer you met online. Imagine all the free legal advice you will have at your finger tips. Most have found renting for a year as the best option. You will love it here if you do not try and change anything or teach anyone a lesson. Welcome to the forum and good luck in all things.

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
If somebody wants to learn about photography or computer/programming stuff I can take the time to teach a lesson. But other than that I just don't have the time or interest in changing anyone or teaching them a lesson :)

I don't feel like it is a desperate move. Although it is kind of bizarre how it happened. I was married for about ten years, then she tore off in 2005. I had another long relationship for several years and that woman died of cancer about 18 months ago. I hadn't really been dating. I was in Panama City, Panama not too long ago, doing a photo shoot with a Panamanian model, on the last day I took some time to get an idea about my next trip. I decided on DR. It occurred to me that I might want to meet someone ahead of time before I go just for kicks if nothing else. So the day after my return flight I set up a profile. Several prospects right away but one was like a total boom, yet it was only about 12 hours through my journey into the online dating scene to make a connection.

Yes it sounds completely crazy. It was not what I was expecting or even considering. Yet it feels more like destiny than anything else. Like somebody pulled some strings to make stuff happen. ;) Everything is a comfortable exact match.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I don't feel like it is a desperate move.

BTW, I could have also meant a desperate move on HER part being that she is a lawyer.

I would have thought she would do well on her own and not need a dating site.

Oh well.

I guess no interesting prospects in DR for her. :)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Dominican women online? Piranhas?
Money a Dominican lawyer may have no problems taking from you :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
Buyer beware. Not everything is as appears in paradise.
That said. Wish ya all the best and....
Welcome to Wonderland!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.