How do you do bamboo?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Don't do it! It spreads like the plague. Unless you put it in pots. I had success with it in CT; the man who did my lawn told me if I ever planted it in the ground, he would stop doing my lawn.

There are several different varieties: running, clumping, etc. Look on Google or some plant sites to see what you like. I've never grown it from seed, only from baby plants.

Reactions: katiejohnson

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Some do bamboo this way..............

Funny Friday

bambu.jpg

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
How do you do bamboo? *Buy it a drink and talk real nice. Maybe from there it will lead to better things. Lol

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bamboo can grow too much. It will not be a "fence", in fact, it will become a barrier. while you are thinking about maybe ten or twenty bamboo stalks (or more), what you need to know that these will become 4 or 5 foot clumps of bamboo that you cannot cut back fast enough, even if you start making bamboo furniture.

There are much better plants for a fence, believe me. Come on down to Santiago, and I will show you.

Cordially, (for today only)

HB

Aug 6, 2006
The purpose is to hide an ugly concrete block wall around a very small side yard where the kids like to play. La princesita likes to have parties with a couple of big bottles of King Cola. popcorn and saltines. Cacti would result in kids getting stuck full of needles, and infected.

Ideal for keeping cows out of the kitchen elsewhere, perhaps.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
small backyard? concrete wall? just get some ivy plants. will look nice and green and does not have any prickly needles.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The purpose is to hide an ugly concrete block wall around a very small side yard where the kids like to play. ....

Bring down a bucket of sidewalk chalk bought at the dollar store. Kiddies can decorate the wall, kind of like Bert, but vertical...and faster coverage than ivy.[video=youtube_share;8fHppd_KtP4]https://youtu.be/8fHppd_KtP4[/video]

katiejohnson

Aug 6, 2021
United Kingdom
Don't do it! It spreads like the plague. Unless you put it in pots. I had success with it in CT; the man who did my lawn told me if I ever planted it in the ground, he would stop doing my lawn.

There are several different varieties: running, clumping, etc. Look on Google or some plant sites to see what you like. I've never grown it from seed, only from baby plants.
Thank you...