Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VPN for USA

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Have you done this in the DR? Change to US version in settings.
    My wife's iPad was jailbreaked, that's why she was able to download US version of Netflix and it worked because it had US version in it.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDRGuy View Post
    My wife's iPad was jailbreaked, that's why she was able to download US version of Netflix and it worked because it had US version in it.
    Netflix shows the content available to you based on your geolocation. There isn't a way to select US version or Latin version.

There are lots of cheap VPNs out there. Here's a link to a few deals: https://deals.thenextweb.com/deals/web-services

3. Likes rubio_higuey liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDRGuy View Post
    And again, there is no US version of Netflix (app). The US version comes by geolocation. Your wife takes her jailbraked ipad to Germany and she will not be able to find one single show/series in Spanish neither from Netflix USA nor from Netflix Latinoamerica (spare the US show Espaņol Latino soundtrack).

5. Likes SKY liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GringoRubio View Post
    Any quick recommendations for a VPN to the USA?

I was going to be using it for financial stuff (Wells Fargo has me blocked), but it would score serious bonus points for Netflix and Amazon video.

Where are you? *I'm between Cabarete and Sosua and I have a US IP address courtesy of my internet service provider. *Delancer internet through my cable TV. *Get all US content on Netflix etc

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have Delancer and my IP address is in Miami so I have Netflix, no problem, and never get blocked on any sites.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

We also have U.S. IP address standard with Delancer internet.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Our Netflix comes through in the US version because our account is US based.
    We don't use it here, but Canada works that way.... US version

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I use HOLA for my VPN for things like Pandora and logging-on to certain financial accounts in the U.S. Netflix is not blocked on my Roku Stick here in the D.R. and the programming is the same as in the U.S. and I don't use a proxy for that service...just regular WiFi through Silver Cable in Punta Cana. HOLA also works on my smart phone for things that need a proxy to receive and send data.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Our Netflix comes through in the US version because our account is US based.
    We don't use it here, but Canada works that way.... US version
    You are mistaken. In Canada, you get Canadian version, which is very close to Latin American version. It may seem as USA version but it is not. You can easily find that out by seraching for some titles that are in USA version but not in Canadian / LatAm version.

Many movies are both in LatinAmerican/Canadian and USA version, but USA version frequently does no have Latin Spanish soundtrack. But guess what? Canadian Netflix does.

Anyway, after USA version, LatAm version is the second largest (much larger selection of content than say UK). Also, in LatAm version you get many USA TV shows that you do not get in USA version (such as Shooter, Designated Survivor, etc.). In addition to that, many hit movies appear first in LatAm version while in USA version you get message "this title is available on DVD Netflix service only". As there is no DVD business in LatAm, these titles go straight to streaming. Such was the case of, for example new Miami Vice or something like that movie, London Has Fallen, etc.

Netflix is going huge in LatAm (compared to rest of world, after USA), because it is competing with Claro Video, which now offers a part of its library for free. yes, if you are on Claro network, you can go to ClaroVideo.com and stream a part fo library for free with no subscription required whatsoever (your Claro IP will be your get-in-ticket. Once on ClaroVideo page, click Basic Plan in the top menu, which will filter to show only the free content).

12. Likes SKY, amp liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi Siu's Dad View Post
    I use HOLA for my VPN for things like Pandora and logging-on to certain financial accounts in the U.S. Netflix is not blocked on my Roku Stick here in the D.R. and the programming is the same as in the U.S. and I don't use a proxy for that service...just regular WiFi through Silver Cable in Punta Cana. HOLA also works on my smart phone for things that need a proxy to receive and send data.
    Get off of Hola right now! It's one of the worst services out there: http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/29/86...sers-bandwidth

Even if they've reformed after that went public, it still happened. I wouldn't trust them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast