Any one else having problems with Claro, house phone internet, POP?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nothing where i am.

did you try to report it? it may be localized issue or something with your line only.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
I called but I don't speak Spanish. Some time ago you could enter * or 2 to get an English speaking person, but it failed today. I for get which comes first tried both ways.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
i had problems too. report averia... they send technician. you can do that online without even talking to a person. claro.net.do in my case the tel cable was burned!!! imagine that! the technician said ...yeah that happens lol. also i would recommend you to create a claro online account, like that you can register your cc for payments , easy steps to pay, easy to control service. like that feature, have it since years.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
SAME TROUBLE HERE IN SANTIAGO....when I called I just kept pressing all the buttons and finally got a person to transfer me to a somewhat English speaking person. THE PROBLEM was in the box outside with the little thing? that the phone line plugs into....it has been getting wet when it rains as the box is not waterproof.....if it has time to dry out them it works, but finally it just blew it out completely and they replaced the piece BUT in true Dominican fashion left the bod containing all their equipment bent even more and left off a few screws.. If you have no phone then you will have nothing else as everything is sent through the phone line
HOPE THIS HELPS

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
One of our two phone lines, the one with our DSL, has been inop for three days. The other line has been fine.

A Alida's friend at Claro got a supervisor from Santiago to find the problem and it was solved late this morning.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
It took 2 weeks to fix mine. It seems the problem was water in the boxes on the polls and where they come into buildings. I thought I was going crazy, but they finally fixed it.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Tech showed up yesterday around noon and fixed it. It appears all 3 phones are bad. Kinda odd. He checked each phone jack with his hand held phone and there was a dial tone in each jack. Power surge/spike? The wall out let for the internet connection was bad and after he replaced it and reset the modem to factory settings everything is working again. Never had a wall outlet go bad, no water or rust, just stopped working. Kinda odd again.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I keep losing my cellular internet connection when I drive around town. I thought it was my phone but now I'm not so sure.