pressure washer

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We are looking too. Because of the weight of the pressure washer it would be a little more expensive to import than to buy here. I think around $130 on Amazon plus the pesos per pound to get it here. There are a few at the large hardware store in Cabarete. Don't know the psi. That's a big consideration. Too bad we can't rent them. We only use it every couple of months.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you do not fancy going to santiago there is a selection of karcher pressure washers in ferreteria freddy's in puerto plata. from small to big ones. all electric, i think?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
looking for a pressure washer. where could i buy fair priced pressure washer on the NC? like this one https://www.amazon.com/Karcher-Powe...&srs=3032648011&ie=UTF8&qid=1482062018&sr=1-5 or would it be best to import one? Due to the heavy rain my outside walkways are overgrown with algae, if we clean it ... within 1 one they are back. very slippery...

First, what are you cleaning the sidewalks with. You need an algaecide that will prevent it from coming back. You can use a combination of water and bleach and a firm brush or broom to clean with. Simply using a pressure washer without treating the algae is a waste of time. If you can find a cleaner at a hardware store, even better. In the States they make chemicals which will retard the growth.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
This sounds like a business opportunity for someone...

Buy 2 or 3 and rent them out. I don't want to buy one because I'd never get my money's worth but would certainly rent one for a day every now and then.*

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have the Ivation 2200psi, had it shipped by mudanza.

Drop a bit of cloro or vinegar in the mix..... poolside, sidewalk, etc*

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Buy cloro para piso, available in many places. Wet the area, sprinkle it on, wait an hour or two then while wearing a respirator mask ( or some person you hire to do the hard work) , use a stiff broom (brush) and a hose. We have had this issue in the school.
Note that this cloro para piso is about 800 pesos for five lbs. and is very powerful and dangerous to use in an enclosed area.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've been using a home made spray of 1:1 liquid Chloro and water out of a hand held pump sprayer and this does a good job of killing the mold and algae. The green kinds dies and fades away completely in an hour or so. The Black stuff, dies but doesn't fade.*

I did the granular pool chlorine, broom method once and it worked, but it was sort of expensive, was a lot of hard work (i have a large area to do) and the resulting chlorine/water paste the results before sweeping is not good for the dog's paws. You then have to figure out where to put the sweepings. This concoction will kill your grass, burn your skin and is deadly if ingested by kids, pets and other beneficial creatures such as lizards, birds etc. If this gets into your septic system, it'll terminate the microbial action. If you just wash it out onto the street, who knows where it will end up.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Can you buy a single object and have it shipped by mudanza? We always use Encargopaq and have never wanted to bring down a bulk load. For example, purchase a pressure washer via amazon weighing 25 lbs and then ship it via this mudanza service? I did google mudanza but could not see a direct link that would give me this info.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Totally agree on the renting-out. Would be so practical.
Back home*everything can be rented.*
Here its so rare..... i guess its the deposit problem, as back home it would all be done by CC.

As for the algae, well there was so much humidity nothing much can be done.
I am on scrub #4. It just comes back.
I have noticed that the black kind sort of cakes and crumbles when it dries out, then i just sweep it up.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Can you buy a single object and have it shipped by mudanza? We always use Encargopaq and have never wanted to bring down a bulk load. For example, purchase a pressure washer via amazon weighing 25 lbs and then ship it via this mudanza service? I did google mudanza but could not see a direct link that would give me this info.

They ship box by box.... you don't need a load.

A few yrs ago, my lawnmower was $110 to ship.
Bought at Lowes/Home Depot, free ship to mudanza, came to me.
Same for my BBQ's . plural.

Find one in MIA (say) and call...... ask for a price.
Usually, they want to see the item before pricing.

Ask the neighbors who they use... for reliability.
they all use them

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
They ship box by box.... you don't need a load.

A few yrs ago, my lawnmower was $110 to ship.
Bought at Lowes/Home Depot, free ship to mudanza, came to me.
Same for my BBQ's . plural.

Find one in MIA (say) and call...... ask for a price.
Usually, they want to see the item before pricing.

Ask the neighbors who they use... for reliability.
they all use them

could you send me contact info please. the pressure cleaner i wanted to order is about 45 lbs, i prefer one running on gasoline, like that no cable...and i am free to use it in even the furthest spot. tkx