Ncf

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
To all DR business owners.
When you log into your DGII account, where do you find your NCF number?
My partner was at DGII today and finished the paperwork for the NCF number.
They were told they could log into the DGII Virtual Office and get the number there.
My DR partner tried and I tried but neither of us could find it anywhere.
Any tips on where to find it would be appreciated (if it is in fact there).

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The NCF is the unique number each invoice you emit gets, so their should be as many as there are invoices emitted. If you mean RNC, it's all over the place on your dgii portal.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
The NCF is the unique number each invoice you emit gets, so their should be as many as there are invoices emitted. If you mean RNC, it's all over the place on your dgii portal.

Thanks for helping out Mauricio. Yes I am familiar with the NCF number and also the RNC number.

We have had our RNC number for more than six months. We do not have any NCF number yet. I simply would like to know where on the DGII website you go to find it? Can you please tell me? Thanks.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
I received an e-mail from DGII that I don't fully understand. Perhaps someone here can explain exactly what this is saying and where/how I can get those numbers? Thanks!

En atenci?n a su inquietud, le informamos que, esta Direcci?n General asigna 10 comprobantes con valor de cr?dito fiscal hasta tanto el contribuyente solicite la validaci?n de datos de registro para el alta de comprobantes y seg?n verificamos los mismos ya est?n asignados a su RNC; en ese sentido, le indicamos que puede utilizar esa secuencia de NCF, tomando en cuenta que hasta tanto no sea autorizado por esta DGII, no podr? emitir m?s comprobantes de los diez ya existentes en el sistema.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
You have to apply for a block of numbers I think. You do this via the DGII portal, they then give you x number of NCF's that you can use. To complicate matters, every sale must have a unique number. If it's to a consumer, there is a NCCF (numero comprobante consumidor final) and this generally takes the format A0100100102xxx. If it's for a company or someone who can reclaim the ITBIS, then it is called an NCF and it takes the format A0100100101xxx, i.e. it has 102 in it for a consumer and 101 for a company.

The message that they sent you is basically saying that until you're fully registered and they have checked you, they just give you 10 NCF's and you can only use them and no more. When you are registered, to get more NCF's you just apply for more using the DGII portal. Regarding NCCF's our computer system generates these automatically and I don't think you need to apply for them, you just start at 1 and count upwards. Foreign customers as well as Dominican consumers all have an NCCF, the only people who have an NCF are companies and people who specifically ask you to give them a comprobante fiscal.

I have an excellent accountant who really understands all of this stuff and is incredibly cheap, based in Santo Domingo. She only speaks Spanish. She can get you the numbers and sort things out with DGII if you need her to, and she also knows how to file and what to file when with the DGII and TSS. PM me if you'd like her contact details.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
On the portal go to 'comprobantes' on the left. If you click on 'consulta comprobantes' a new window opens which will show the (initial 10) ncf numbers assigned to your company. (Secuencia comprobante desde ............. hasta .......

On the same menu you should also be able to solicit new comprobantes (ncf's). (Solicitar comprobantes).

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Thanks for helping out Paul and Mauricio.
Yes I understand now that they are supposed to be giving me 10 NCF numbers to tide me over until the processing is complete. The rest of the e-mail says it can take up to 15 working days.
Here's the thing though.
When I go where you suggest Mauricio, nothing pops up. I have tried all 4 options: Comprobantes

Parametros Comprobantes
Descarga Comprobantes
Consulta Comprobantes
Solicitar Comprobantes to no avail. The one that they are suggesting I go to: Descargo Comprobantes asks you to input two dates. It doesn't matter what two dates I input, nothing happens.

It is my belief, until someone says I am wrong, that they first want you to make sales. Then register the sales with them, then get your NCF numbers. I can't see any NCF numbers at the site. :(

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Thanks for helping out Paul and Mauricio.
Yes I understand now that they are supposed to be giving me 10 NCF numbers to tide me over until the processing is complete. The rest of the e-mail says it can take up to 15 working days.
Here's the thing though.
When I go where you suggest Mauricio, nothing pops up. I have tried all 4 options: Comprobantes

Parametros Comprobantes
Descarga Comprobantes
Consulta Comprobantes
Solicitar Comprobantes to no avail. The one that they are suggesting I go to: Descargo Comprobantes asks you to input two dates. It doesn't matter what two dates I input, nothing happens.

It is my belief, until someone says I am wrong, that they first want you to make sales. Then register the sales with them, then get your NCF numbers. I can't see any NCF numbers at the site. :(

I don't think so, I haven't made any sales test and do have 10 assigned numbers and actually never did anything to get them. I think you should insist that you have no initial 10 NCf numbers yet. Are you able to write in Spanish? If not, let me know and I'll write a short email explaining the problem you can send.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Thanks for helping out again Mauricio. I did write them back again asking for more detailed help. I told them I was presented with a date selection when I followed their steps at the site. I asked what I should put. I put in the dates they gave, and this time something a little different appeared. I clicked on 'Visualizar' and the following appeared:
RNC: 100000068-Company SRL

Type of receipt 01
No. Authorization 6123450003
From A010010010100000001
A010010010100000010
Does this look like NCF numbers I can use? If so, would I add the A0100100... numbers to the receipts?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Thanks for helping out again Mauricio. I did write them back again asking for more detailed help. I told them I was presented with a date selection when I followed their steps at the site. I asked what I should put. I put in the dates they gave, and this time something a little different appeared. I clicked on 'Visualizar' and the following appeared:
RNC: 100000068-Company SRL

Type of receipt 01
No. Authorization 6123450003
From A010010010100000001
A010010010100000010
Does this look like NCF numbers I can use? If so, would I add the A0100100... numbers to the receipts?

*Yes, but only to receipts for customers that ask for a comprobante fiscal (and provide you with their RNC). The numbers by the way are exactly the same as my numbers, which i had not expected, but isn't that weird i guess. It's the combination of your RNC and the particular NCF what the DGII needs to register that company X, with his RNC, bought from you with your RNC + NCF per invoice. They use it to cross check and make sure each invoice is only used once to deduct ITBIS.*

A final customer won't deduct ITBIS or deduct the spending as cost from his revenues *so their an NCF is not used. But you probably know that. This is also why most companies tell you to ask for comprobante fiscal before invoicing, since else they have to annul an invoice for consumidor final and make a new one for consumidor fiscal (with a number in the serie of NCF).

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
*Yes, but only to receipts for customers that ask for a comprobante fiscal (and provide you with their RNC). The numbers by the way are exactly the same as my numbers, which i had not expected, but isn't that weird i guess. It's the combination of your RNC and the particular NCF what the DGII needs to register that company X, with his RNC, bought from you with your RNC + NCF per invoice. They use it to cross check and make sure each invoice is only used once to deduct ITBIS.*

A final customer won't deduct ITBIS or deduct the spending as cost from his revenues *so their an NCF is not used. But you probably know that. This is also why most companies tell you to ask for comprobante fiscal before invoicing, since else they have to annul an invoice for consumidor final and make a new one for consumidor fiscal (with a number in the serie of NCF).

Thanks Mauricio this is helpful. I know some basic things about this but not all the details yet.
Previously, I had thought that the NCF was used for companies who wanted to claim a business expense for tax purposes. It seems this is what you are saying. But you are also mentioning ITBIS.
I was not aware that ITBIS could also be deducted in a different way. How does that work exactly? When a purchase is made, it will include ITBIS and so I thought the entire amount of purchase, including ITBIS is deducted as a company expense.