punta cana cheap acctivities to do during the day

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Hi
Looking for some fun cheap things to do in PC. I have seen the incredible prices to zip line *or to take a trip somewhere.
*$80 perperson or more. Im not paying that. *Any advice

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Cheap is unfortunately not part of the vocabulary in Punta Cana. You should be able to get horseback riding and buggy rides for well under that, a taxi to Macao Beach for the day, Manati Park (I think), Bavaro Adventure Park might be slightly above your limit, Segway Eco-Tours in Punta Cana is just below... hopefully others will have other options.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
If you hang out near where the party boats launch in Bavaro, you can negotiate cheaper rates. I got $50 total for 2 of us, all liquor and sandwiches inclusive, for an afternoon (4+ hours) party boat cruise. Perfect weather that day for being out on the Atlantic.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Cheap... there are lots of women in veron tropical*

I am relatively sure The OP is bringing his own sand to the beach, I was going to suggest a fancy caba?a, and try out a few new positions, and order grilled jamon y kayso frong the dumbwaiter.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Hi
Looking for some fun cheap things to do in PC ......

" Fun and Cheap" ? Too easy ..I'll leave that one alone:D .

However , someone once suggested a day pass in an all inclusive hotel/resort ...e.g Barcelo or Hard Rock . I'm not sure what the current prices are...the last time we paid around $50 per person and we had full access to almost everything they had to offer including food and drinks.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
" Fun and Cheap" ? Too easy ..I'll leave that one alone:D .

However , someone once suggested a day pass in an all inclusive hotel/resort ...e.g Barcelo or Hard Rock . I'm not sure what the current prices are...the last time we paid around $50 per person and we had full access to almost everything they had to offer including food and drinks.
Well now it's like 90$ US for a day pass in Barcelo, 150 in Hard Rock... and it goes on. Hotel merengue in Bavaro has a cheaper day pass minus beach.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
You can go to saona island trip for 60$. Best thing to do in bavaro is buy some beers in a colmado, pamper yourself with some tostones and arroz habichuela, a swim in the atlantic. As everyone says, PC bavaro is the opposite of cheap and don't know where you come from but am sure your place is far cheaper than here.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi
Looking for some fun cheap things to do in PC. I have seen the incredible prices to zip line *or to take a trip somewhere.
*$80 perperson or more. Im not paying that. *Any advice

Weren't you the same guy that wanted to skydive? What do you think that would have cost? C'mon man!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The Mexican circus is in town

Well. the Mexican circus is in town, Circo Hermanos Su?rez, at **Downtown Punta Cana under the big tent. Guess, it is here through Tuesday of the coming week.

The show hours during week days 7:30 pm, Sat 4:30 & 7:30 pm, Sun 2:00, 4:30 & 7:30 pm.

Do not know the price of the tickets. However, they should be reasonable.

The following is the Spanish write up in the Bavaro News.

http://www.bavaronews.com/semanal/i...-listo-para-el-show-del-circo-hermanos-suarez

Regards,

PJT

**Sandwiched among Plaza San Juan, Jumbo, and Coco Bongo; the Coco Loco crossroad.

May 29, 2006
Your resort takes a hefty commission for booking day trips. $100/day pp is about the going price for most excusions, even on the north coast. You can take a commuter bus to Hig?ey or other towns for about 300 pesos round trip. It's an hour and a half from PC to Hig?ey.

http://www.bavaroadventurepark.com/en/

I like Playa Caleta for day trips, but it could be tricky to get there from PC.

Last edited:

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Was para sailing short time ago, 2 people app, $100 usd. If you or your fren are scared of heights..... this is a sure cure............

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Well now it's like 90$ US for a day pass in Barcelo, 150 in Hard Rock... and it goes on. Hotel merengue in Bavaro has a cheaper day pass minus beach.

You nailed it with those prices. *You can still get in for $50 at Hardrock but you have to listen to the time share crap for 2 hours. A Serviceo is still under 400 pesos at Steve's *and if you drink slow watching the afternoon traffic there is very entertaining.*

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
I am relatively sure The OP is bringing his own sand to the beach, I was going to suggest a fancy caba?a, and try out a few new positions, and order grilled jamon y kayso frong the dumbwaiter.

what with local bike?
oh please. They,i have heard, charge $80+ per interaction!! Upon thinking about it, riding the local bike does sound more appealing that zip lining across the local barrio looking at poor people wash their clothes in the street..or throwing rubbish out of their windows believing someone will pick it up

Last edited:

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Up to your same provocative tricks again Stephany. Its nun ya business dude.

Sorry my friend but being in the DR alone is entertaining. Based on all of the posts you have made you have not done much home work in finding interesting things to do. You seem like an accident waiting to happen. Good luck and good travels

May 29, 2006
Under $10!

uno-cards.jpg

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
You want something cheap? Have the guys in those motorbikes give you a ride somewhere special.

Or take find a cheap way to get to the ecopark near the westin, or find the local guagua or bus to bayahibe .

Matter of fact, if you know the language, you can do most tours on the cheap in person.