hello!

Grsanchez

Dec 20, 2016
hey! i am new to this forum. i was doing a good bit of research on dominican republic because i plan to move there soon and found information lacking until i found you guys!

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I have to stop. I have to self-block. I keep telling myself I must find the discipline not to read these. But hope springs eternal, I guess.

I would so purely love to help with or say something of benefit. Anything. I've said it before and I'll say it again: there should be a questionnaire, or an application form.

Anyway, Grsanchez: good luck.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
hey! i am new to this forum. i was doing a good bit of research on dominican republic because i plan to move there soon and found information lacking until i found you guys!

Welcome, where are you currently living? There is plenty of info on all sorts of topics here and on-line. Have you been to the DR to visit? Give us something to work with here?

Grsanchez

Dec 20, 2016
my apologies! well i don't know what to really say but more information would be, i am actually dominican by birth was born in santo domingo in a neighborhood called La Canita. however moved to New York and now decades laters i am planning to move back to live out the rest of my life. Well at least not to La Canita anyways lol.
I used to visit every year in my youth but it has been a long time since ive last visited, and none of my visits were proffesional, like many overseas dominicans i have "legions" of cousins and extended family that seems to show up at the "right" time. i don't blame them and they always treat me right so no big deal. I am currently looking to 1- find a place or office 2- find digital artists, teachers, writers to hire (not many only a few)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Welcome to Wonderland!
DR1 (for both good and not so) is by far the most informative
"boots on the ground" English speaking website available.
Kudos to DR1 and mods for keeping things a float 24/7.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I have to stop. I have to self-block. I keep telling myself I must find the discipline not to read these. But hope springs eternal, I guess.

I would so purely love to help with or say something of benefit. Anything. I've said it before and I'll say it again: there should be a questionnaire, or an application form.

Anyway, Grsanchez: good luck.

And there was me thinking it was the lyrics to the latest Adele song.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
my apologies! well i don't know what to really say but more information would be, i am actually dominican by birth was born in santo domingo in a neighborhood called La Canita. however moved to New York and now decades laters i am planning to move back to live out the rest of my life. Well at least not to La Canita anyways lol.
I used to visit every year in my youth but it has been a long time since ive last visited, and none of my visits were proffesional, like many overseas dominicans i have "legions" of cousins and extended family that seems to show up at the "right" time. i don't blame them and they always treat me right so no big deal. I am currently looking to 1- find a place or office 2- find digital artists, teachers, writers to hire (not many only a few)

Thanks for the update. They say you can never go home again but in your case it should be fine. Good luck and good travels.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Good for you… Las Ca?itas [in the National District] is a low income area -- the sort of area people want to move out of as soon as they get a good job. To return looking to hire fellow Dominicans… good for you!*

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Bro... cut your ties with the family. They will bring you down. If you are looking for folks with a work ethic hire people from the Philippines or Central America. Dominicans will only let you down.