James Brewster - Good Riddance! Don't Come Back!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I believe in freedom to practice all beliefs and lifestyles. However, I think James Brewster went a little too far at times and needed to show some restraint in representing the USA.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
An Ambassador from another country is supposed to assert goodwill to the Nation he is assigned to. Not tell them a bunch of things that he thinks are rotten.

"Someone that lives in a glass house should not throw stones".

This has nothing to do with his "husband", just common sense.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The big question is who will Trump assign to our little country?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Would a relative of*George Armstrong Custer be pleasing?
Not a Prog!
At least someone who isn't coming to the DR to shove a PC agenda down the throats of the Dominican people.

I'd prefer a trade emissary than an arrogant Social Justice Warrior.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Obama appointing a gay ambassador (and his hubby) to the only country in the world
with a picture of the bible on their national flag was guaranteed to stir up some controversy.
Bad idea start to finish. Good riddance.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
The appointment certainly opened a conversation which needed to surface.

Why? If you are Dominican I guess you are entitled to your opinion, if not how would you like a Dominican trying to dictate morals (or anything else) to your country, ESPECIALLY when it obviously goes against the majority of your population?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Once someone explains to gump the molester that the Dominican Republic is not the same place as Puerto Rico he will likely appoint someone who has zero interest in the countries development and will spend most of their time helping their business associates figure out ways to drain the country of what little resources the country has.
Gump the molester may also ask his upcoming appointed ambassador to focus on important issues like seeing what he could do about recouping the family loses in Cap Cana.

it might take months for him to be able to understand that there is a difference between the Dominican Republic and PR.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
it might take months for him to be able to understand that there is a difference between the Dominican Republic and PR.

Good point, considering the current administration never figured out the difference, hence the appointment of the current embarrassment.