Had to use the escopeta last night

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
At around 3 o'clock the dogs started to bark in a way you know there is something going on. As our land is next to a river there is always an easy way to get to our house. Then the neighbours biralata started to bark as well, and we started to look if we could see something. We stayed quiet and suddenly heard something trying to silence our two dogs. Then I grab the Shotgun and had two shoot twice. End of story, they or he left. So be armed these days and have your canines.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Hope you fired the two warning shots into the base of their skulls. As AE said watch the dogs for a couple of days and glad your ok.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Shooting a thief is in no way a better outcome. Best for all that you scared them. If you shot them you realize the first thing the responding cops would do is arrest you.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
At around 3 o'clock the dogs started to bark in a way you know there is something going on. As our land is next to a river there is always an easy way to get to our house. Then the neighbours biralata started to bark as well, and we started to look if we could see something. We stayed quiet and suddenly heard something trying to silence our two dogs. Then I grab the Shotgun and had two shoot twice. End of story, they or he left. So be armed these days and have your canines.

Get some outdoor dusk to dawn lights. In can't hurt.

May 29, 2006
Motion sensing lights can be easily modified to have alarms in them. Still very new to most Dominicans. Harbor Freight sells them with solar panels.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Thans for the tips (LtSteve and Peter) and thoughts. Of course I didn't shoot to kill, lucky they think different. I will look up that Harbor Freight suggestion.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Let the watchy do the dirty work, they can make a thief " he must have been in a bad moto accident, so sad " go AWAY.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Rocksalt is a bad idea. After a few days the salt attracts moisture and the shell won't fire.

An excellent point in this humid environment. A horrible idea under any circumstance in the DR to use salt instead of a real defensive round.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Somehow I cannot picture you guys dragging a body away. Does the DR have "cleaner services" like in Pulp Fiction? There's a business idea, eh

Somehow I cannot picture you guys dragging a body away. Does the DR have "cleaner services" like in Pulp Fiction? There's a business idea, eh

I've changed a lot since I've moved here and now I can honestly say I would have no problem dragging a body away now if some degenerate came in to rob and kill us.
Also extremely easy to pay little to get that done.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Rocksalt is a bad idea. After a few days the salt attracts moisture and the shell won't fire.
And if you DID shot a couple of rounds with salt, you'd need to immediately clean the barrel well, or salt remains can cause real damage.

Rock Salt Test in a 12ga.

Folks I know who load rock salt seal the shell by dribbling some hot wax on the wad before loading the salt.