Drunk Driving

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I know Derfish posted his story back at the beginning of the year, but with Christmas so close I thought it a good idea to share my experience as a warning to everyone.

Be careful about drunk driving as we approach Christmas and police are out there checking on people.
Last night, being the last workday of the year, we went out out for a few beers, one thing lead to another and after a few beers I switched to "girlie" cocktails(of which I had too many) and then went onto a few rum and cokes.
Not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my car at the pub and took a bus home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint, where they were pulling over drivers and performing breathalyzer tests.
As the bus pulled up to the checkpoint, they just waved it past. I arrived home faster than normal, safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a bus before and I am not even sure where I got it from!

Have a wonderful Christmas and may I wish you and yours good health and happiness for the New Year!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
AE is a Super Moderator and a very good one at that.

Now that's a joke!!!!! Correct forum then.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just kidding. A bit of holiday humor.......

:squareeye:squareeye:cheeky:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I laughed so hard that I had beer coming out of my nose. A breathalizer in the DR. Hahaha or should I say hohoho

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm sitting here in Los Pepines, Santiago p*ss kfciug drunk as I type. So glad I don't own a vehicle down here.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My stepson is visiting from Canada and went out with his uncle and a couple of other guys. They all got drunk as hell except my wife's son but they wouldn't let him drive them home because they said the road was too dangerous. He said if they hadn't been out in the boonies he would have walked home.