22 year old drug overdose ........ murder?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
So, so young.

http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=23373

Bing Translation, read article for more detail.

PUERTO PLATA.-a young 22-year-old woman died after having a week internal in the Ricardo Limardo Hospital of this City San Felipe of Puerto Plata where once your foreign partner allegedly injected herin Sosua an overdose of narcotic substances for prostitution.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I can't believe they put her photo up in the story.

The press here is rarely censored. This is a truly sad story. Charles had better to have left town and the DR entirely or they could soon be posting news stories with pictures of what were once his body parts.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"...news stories with pictures of what were once his body parts."

Which would be my preferred outcome for this scum.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
"...news stories with pictures of what were once his body parts."

Which would be my preferred outcome for this scum.

Really? Without even knowing the facts? Sounds a little premature don't ya think?
I know the underbelly of Sosua better than most, heroin is not a drug that is readily
available or offered to gringos. Perhaps this is a case of the Dominican blame game.
More questions than answers to this story.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
There may not be much heroin in Sosua, but the article says she was being injected with heroin and cocaine and there certinly is plenty of cocaine around. Plus, she was described as being in a state of "nervous crisis" - a classical symptom of cocaine overdose.

It appears that a lot of this info about "Charles" is coming from Jose Brito with whom the girl was living prior to meeting and living Charles for the last 3 months. Brito claims the girl called him in a desparate state and he went to rescue her.

I don't think Brito can be ruled out as a suspect here either - jealous ex-lover(?).

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
There may not be much heroin in Sosua, but the article says she was being injected with heroin and cocaine and there certinly is plenty of cocaine around. Plus, she was described as being in a state of "nervous crisis" - a classical symptom of cocaine overdose.

It appears that a lot of this info about "Charles" is coming from Jose Brito with whom the girl was living prior to meeting and living Charles for the last 3 months. Brito claims the girl called him in a desparate state and he went to rescue her.

I don't think Brito can be ruled out as a suspect here either - jealous ex-lover(?).

My thoughts also about the heroin. I took it as normal DR journalism, not necessarily reporting the correct facts.

Either way such a sad way for a young person to go.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Never heard of "narcotic substances for prostitution". Is this like Spanish fly? Hope heroin does not catch on here. We have enough problems with coke.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Never heard of "narcotic substances for prostitution". Is this like Spanish fly? Hope heroin does not catch on here. We have enough problems with coke.

bite your tongue, zoom. all we need now is heroin in the DR. it is to gruesome to contemplate.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
This one has me confused. I saw a news report about her about a week ago using the same photo as well as a couple of others where she look like she was in a coma. The report said she was alive in hospital with mental health related issues, that she was terrified of an ex-spouse that was trying to kill her and that they were looking for family members?? Does this mean she has died since? If that's the death photo I'm wondering how it was also used in the report when they said she was alive? Did he get to her in the hospital? I wish I could find the article now. It didn't mention the injections in the article and spoke to her mental health and that they didn't know her identity but that she was alive and they were trying to find family members. I hope this guy didn't get into the hospital and inject her with something in there....

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

More like - jealous ex-chulo. I ain't buying this Dominican guy's bullsh*t story.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
More like - jealous ex-chulo. I ain't buying this Dominican guy's bullsh*t story.

I ain't buying his story either. Jealous ex-pimp maybe even a better term. Take a look at his foto - blue gem stone in his ear, some kind a chain/bed necklace. Looks like a drug dealer to me.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

A lot of pimps will get the girls hooked on a drug and then she's forced into prostitution to pay for her habit.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I ain't buying his story either. Jealous ex-pimp maybe even a better term. Take a look at his foto - blue gem stone in his ear, some kind a chain/bed necklace. Looks like a drug dealer to me.

If this guy was trying to chat me up on the streets of Sosua, my reaction would be NO CONTACT!

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
please, stay on topic. it's not hard.

Hi dv8,
Hope you had a nice xmas, healthy and happy New Year to you and yours!
*Now the longer version:
I see these characters in Sosua and P.P. and would have nothing to do with them... instant reaction.
I have no faith in this man"s involvement, neither on the reporting quality by Dominican "investigative" media!
The incompetency of Hospital Ricardo Limardo is well documented.
Just feel sorry for the girl and circumstances that got her there.
We may hear some further reports, soon to be forgotten.
Like:"Saturday, July 23, the 34-year-old Jos? Batista Figueroa was found dead in his apartment in Puerto Plata. Jose is better known as the Pantryman", even if apprehended most murderers don't spend much time in jail..... if ever.