Del Oro Chocolate Puerto Plata - Herdman Foods

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
After passing by Del Oro Chocolate many times in recent years, I finally decided to stop in earlier this week.
It is a nice little business. Does anyone know who Herdman Foods really is? What is the owners name?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Chocoholics unite!

Any idea where Glenn Herdman is from?

I was told while at the factory that a considerable amount of the cacao comes from Gaspar Hern?ndez. I had no idea they had cacao plantations there.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Chocoholics unite!

I was told while at the factory that a considerable amount of the cacao comes from Gaspar Hern?ndez. I had no idea they had cacao plantations there.

if you turn off at Gaspar Hernandez you go inland to Joba Arriba, then on to Tenares. that is cacao country right there.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Chocoholics unite!

Up in the hills through the road to Tenares, mucho cocao.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Chocoholics unite!

i'm less into chocolate as such and more into chocolate baked goods.

there are quite a few local factories making chocolate now. the new el nacional in santiago has a large selection of dominican chocolate (and coffee, and other goods).

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Let's not forget the Munne family and their chocolates. They've been around a while as well.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no offence but munne cooking chocolate blocks, available in local supermarkets are vile. i know they make better stuff too but they are not exactly selling it nationwide. i buy their unsweetened cocoa powder, tho. very good for baking.