Dominican slang word.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Dominican pronunciation is terrrible. What you are hearing as "As TAO" could be "atado", which means "tied up", "tethered", or "bound".

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You guys are TERRIBLE Detectives ..

Its Portuguese ..
means " Odd"

my guess only , not a sure thing .

tcast305

Jul 17, 2009
Do anyone know what. "As TOA" mean as a common Dominican slang phase??

Astoa: cuando una persona est? bien en todos los sentidos de la palabra. (When a person is well in every sense of the word.)

You will hear it mainly used by young people.

Thanks.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Don't they speak Portuguese in the barrio Buenos Aires de Herrera in Santo Domingo West?!!

As Toa could be asustado - scared. Could be has toda - has everything. Odd to use an s when texting - makes it very confusing as they are usually all missing.

Matilda

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Mami, no te olvidas compasi?n en el anjo nuevo!:classic:

Thank you! I try to have compassion. I really, really do. I guess it's just not in my DNA.

And I can't help it. I am sort of an AA Grammar Bitch. I am powerless against the inability of supposed English speakers/writers to not get it right.

Maybe the OP is not, and for that, I apologize. I also suggest he/she contact me ASAP for help.

Vieja Grammar Bitch Over & Out.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I sort of liked it better when it had bondage connotations.....

I can't EVEN deal with Dominican slang, as I am still trying to master (mistress for a girl?) Dominican.

It's so funny when I go to New York, and I KNOW I am hearing Spanish, but if it isn't Dominican, it's the same as if I had no knowledge of the language.

I never had any interest in learning the Espanol. My languages were French and Italian. (Does Latin count?) When I arrived, the only Spanish I knew was what was on the subway about safety measures (Las vias del tren subterrano estan muy peligroso. NO salga afuera.) and cockroach fighting (Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir.) Do admit: this takes one only so far.