Delancer plea for the real Foodnetwork

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Clearly, I have zero clout with Delancer. In October someone switched the wrong button and the Foodnetwork channel included in the international cable package was accidentally changed to 2012 reruns on Foodnetwork Latin America spanish only. In my pitiful Spanglish I have talked to a number of folks at Delancer to no avail. Are there any other Foodnetwork viewers out there who can get Delancer sorted out in 2017?

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014

Clearly, I have zero clout with Delancer. In October someone switched the wrong button and the Foodnetwork channel included in the international cable package was accidentally changed to 2012 reruns on Foodnetwork Latin America spanish only. In my pitiful Spanglish I have talked to a number of folks at Delancer to no avail. Are there any other Foodnetwork viewers out there who can get Delancer sorted out in 2017?

They switched iP addresses from Miami to the DR. *I had to go and ask them to switch me back. *That might be your problem

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Perhaps write down the number of the channel and the name and an explanation and ask them to give it to Mr. De Lancer. And maybe you will be in luck and he will be there to talk to. It worked for us with a channel problem a few years ago. We were thinking we should try asking him if he could get fox in HD for NFL games.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have been waiting for the sole English language Canadian TV channel (Global) to be brought back or replaced with another, for months. The last time I asked (every month when I pay my bill) when it would be back I was told "Pronto". So, any month now I guess.

Write a letter, translate it into Google's best Spanish, print it out and hand it to the Service Dept. on your way by.*

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Thanks everyone. I have already tried the Spanish correspondence route to no avail.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
It only took 4 months, many calls and the letter but I have good news. Too often we complain about lack of customer service but if you are patient and like to watch paint dry, good things can happen. Yesterday I got a voicemail response to the problem from Delancer. The work around is odd but look where we are! For current Foodnetwork reload channels on the HD box choose #802 which will be the Foodnetwork Latin America re-run loop of four 2012 shows then click "arrow up" without changing channel and it will take you to Foodnetwork 2 for the current programming in English. Not sure why a new channel number wasn't assigned but success nonetheless.Another Adventure in Paradise ( a good oldie tv show btw)!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sounds like if you cut the head off a chicken, put it in a bag, and swing it around your head, the problem is solved. Glad to hear you have the capability to watch it, however, convoluted the solution. I use IPTV to watch TV here.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Sounds like if you cut the head off a chicken, put it in a bag, and swing it around your head, the problem is solved. Glad to hear you have the capability to watch it, however, convoluted the solution. I use IPTV to watch TV here.

Not convoluted at all. Just re-load channels to the HD box. The new channel(s) appear in the channels menu. In addition to 2 channel 802's, there are a bunch of new ESPN channels in HD. Now if Global Canada ( English ) would just work !

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not convoluted at all. Just re-load channels to the HD box. The new channel(s) appear in the channels menu. In addition to 2 channel 802's, there are a bunch of new ESPN channels in HD. Now if Global Canada ( English ) would just work !

I understand, it just sounded complicated. Glad things are working out. I just never watch TV from the local providers. IPTV, KODI, etc have so many more options from so many more sources, even Canada.