Low Fat Cottage Cheese

james

Jan 14, 2002
Good morning,
Has anyone recently seen Low Fat Cottage Cheese in either Sosua, Cabarete or Puerto Plata.
NOT the normal 4% milkfat but marked Lowfat, or 1% or 2% fat. Thank you.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
la sirena in puerto plata has it. it's not on the shelves all the time but i saw it when i was shopping on monday.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Sometimes Playero and sometimes Super Pola have the low fat, more often the 4% though.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Filadelfia, maybe wrong written , I saw the low fat (high sodium??) at Jeanette's..

P.S No I am wrong that's not cottage..

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
la sirena in puerto plata has it. it's not on the shelves all the time but i saw it when i was shopping on monday.

So dv8 cruises the low fat cottage cheese section? Who would have known? Along with others too? Willing to go from POP to Cab?

I guess I've missed out on the cruising cottage cheese group.

What's with/why such importance?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
So dv8 cruises the low fat cottage cheese section? Who would have known?

what's so strange? it's close to cream cheese, yogurt, sour cream and butter, all of which i use for baking. i also buy cottage cheese occasionally but i browse dairy section every time i shop.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
cottage cheese rocks. Love t with chive, tomato, peas, ham etc. Cottage cheese pancakes are a sublime experience. I prefer the full fat large curd, often purchased from a Russian store. but Breakstone (hello NY) or Hood (hello boston) are just fine.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
What is the Spanish name for cottage cheese?

I've seen the imported brands that are labelled cottage cheese in English but have not yet been successful in figuring out what what it's called in Spanish. Google translate coughs up a fur ball.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

I've seen the imported brands that are labelled cottage cheese in English but have not yet been successful in figuring out what what it's called in Spanish. Google translate coughs up a fur ball.

Been there, done that. Gave up. Go to the dairy section and look around. Folks here don't have the slightest idea.

Jumbo used to have Breakstone, now they bring Food Club low fat and no fat.

Jul 28, 2014

Comida gringo ;)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
How about queso celuliti :lick: