Claro Internet is dead tonight?

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
4 hrs now - no speed. Getting only 10Mbit out of 100 I pay them for. Neighbours have same problem. :(

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
4 hrs now - no speed. Getting only 10Mbit out of 100 I pay them for. Neighbours have same problem. :(

had this problem yesterdat saturday, 1/3 speed on my fiber here in Sosua but this morning all is good

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I had this yesterday (Saturday 8) and this morning, much slower speed. This is in Las Terrenas. Claro ADSL.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Here in Santiago in the Llanos de Gurabo area CLARO is brutal....runs through a phone line they install a home phone FREE (dah) and then run the internet and cable through that...at 8pm every night the picture is scrambled on TV for at least an hour and other times a pic and no sound....Can't wait till contract is up!!!!!!!!!!

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Claro Internet has been experiencing many disconnections lately. Called them up but they seem clueless.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
The problem in my area (Las Terrenas), is that they are no viable alternative to Claro ADSL. Orange is not what it used to be, at best it can be a backup solution. And all "boosted wifi" providers (SilkGlobal and Hotspot) here are just redistributing Claro ADSL over long-range wifi.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Claro Internet has been experiencing many disconnections lately. Called them up but they seem clueless.

It is not that the seem clueless, they are clueless. Worst company in the DR (next to the EDE's). Years have past and only DSL at low speeds is available in my zone. Switched to a cable modem with a US IP address (at least if you tell the cable company, they will keep you "in the US". )

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Sosua area. Reported before Christmas and they showed up today. They had already fixed the line wayyyyy down the street. We have DeLancer also for those/these times so just unplug the down one and plug in the one that is working.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Claro here fiber optics , laMulata no problems except month ago when cement truck took out two concrete *poles...

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Back to normal this morning in Las Terrenas (Tuesday 10).

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Claro is going from Bad to Worse, not sure what is happening with their services, While was under Verizon brand and Codetel their service was very good, but since Mexican guy purchased the company started to crack, and not real competition from other companies that seems to be the same.

Im watching what will happend with VIVA this year, they signed a contract with Cisco and Ericson to provide the infrastructure and Data service to Aster and VIVA. by the way this companies was the supplier for old Claro and Verizon and changed for Huawei infrastructure in new Claro, also same one is using Orange and Tricom.