Attempted murder of policeman on Malecon

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
well, that knot on that guy?s forehead is a downpayment for shooting the AMET guy. he is going to understand the true meaning of misery real soon.

Why would you say that? The young gentleman probably tripped over a baseball bat while getting in the police cruiser to be transported to police headquarters. Can't explain the eye though. ROTFLMAO

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Why would you say that? The young gentleman probably tripped over a baseball bat while getting in the police cruiser to be transported to police headquarters. Can't explain the eye though. ROTFLMAO

or, he walked into the bathroom door..

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
as much as we complain about Dominican policemen, i have to say that many of them are very patient and forgiving. *this guy is in jail today, i believe. i am Jamaican, and i can tell you that there is nobody in jail there for attempted murder of a cop.*

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
as much as we complain about Dominican policemen, i have to say that many of them are very patient and forgiving. *this guy is in jail today, i believe. i am Jamaican, and i can tell you that there is nobody in jail there for attempted murder of a cop.*

It's not a job I would want to do

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
And without realizing it you hit on the problem - they do not pay them enough.

Lowest paid in the region (except for Nicaragua I believe). Don't recall where I heard that. Some countries in CA and Carib pay their policia two or three times what the Private in PN gets. But then they probably expect two or three times as much from their guys.

wbr

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Is it just me or are the feral punks getting crazier and just trying to outdo each other ? If the PN doesn't start eliminating a few dozen of these rats PP is going to come unglued.

http://detrasdelrumor.com.do/en-pue...de-varios-disparos-el-malecon-de-esta-ciudad/

Yes, it is getting crazier. My spidey sense has been on alert for a few weeks now, and I've been making myself scarce as well as being extra careful after dark.

And, yes, the PN and CESTUR need to step it up a few notches, but the reality is that we're on our own until after the damage is done.

I've actually been looking for an escopeta. I generally have no use for guns, but there's somebody very handy with a knife that has been mugging people after dark. Not usually into rumors, but my usual taxi driver is not prone to lying (oddly un-Dominican of him) and his brother ended up in the hospital with multiple stab wounds. His phone was stolen, but there was no warning; not even a friendly "your phone or your life". Just pow, pow, pow, and the guy grabbed the phone that the brother was talking on. It was in a location with a lot of people and nobody saw anything except for some guy rolling around in his blood screaming for help. One cut was a definite attempt at murder, but missed the heart, so the brother survived. Be(a)ware.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yes, it is getting crazier. My spidey sense has been on alert for a few weeks now, and I've been making myself scarce as well as being extra careful after dark.

And, yes, the PN and CESTUR need to step it up a few notches, but the reality is that we're on our own until after the damage is done.

I've actually been looking for an escopeta. I generally have no use for guns, but there's somebody very handy with a knife that has been mugging people after dark. Not usually into rumors, but my usual taxi driver is not prone to lying (oddly un-Dominican of him) and his brother ended up in the hospital with multiple stab wounds. His phone was stolen, but there was no warning; not even a friendly "your phone or your life". Just pow, pow, pow, and the guy grabbed the phone that the brother was talking on. It was in a location with a lot of people and nobody saw anything except for some guy rolling around in his blood screaming for help. One cut was a definite attempt at murder, but missed the heart, so the brother survived. Be(a)ware.
Shotguns are a good idea in the home but you can't carry that to protect from being stabbed. And if some local punk knows there is a firearm there he's just as likely to come looking for that as well.

The DR is fun but when you have to be looking over your shoulder or once you get robbed you start double-thinking about your choice of retirement living ? And this is exponential to your age.

What scares me more is getting snared in the legal system due to a car accident and hurting someone and being bled dry and loosing my investment in the house plus a large sum of money too, which I could ill afford to part with. The judicial system here is robbery targeting extranjeros, just without the gun.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk