De Lancer audio problem

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
No audio on Fox for the nfl game. Anyone know how to fix that? Turning the box off and on or clicking the audio button back and forth does not work. I could reload the stations but don't know the requested code. Of course it's Sunday and can't call the office.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
No audio on Fox for the nfl game. Anyone know how to fix that? Turning the box off and on or clicking the audio button back and forth does not work. I could reload the stations but don't know the requested code. Of course it's Sunday and can't call the office.

Do you really need the audio? Be happy you have the video in the DR. Try unplugging the box from the wall socket and leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds than plug it back in and do a reset. You can also try detaching the cable from the box and doing the same thing. Simply turning the box on and off generally will not fix the problem. The problem could also be that the cable company for some reason is not receiving the audio from the Fox broadcast. If your other channels have audio than it is the broadcast not the cable itself.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
This happens with Delancer channels sometime, it is the cable company messing up the Audio channels, no cure form client end until they notice and correct it at their end. It's happening with more frequency as TV companies now broadcast different languages for the same video signal on various Audio channels - maybe too much for Dominican engineers to cope .... !

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
2 nfl playoff games this weekend without audio on our HD box with De Lancer. Tried everything but no luck. But with more games plus the superbowl on fox we will go in to talk with them. At least we could see it and the Packers Cowboys game was great.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I will be interested to see what they say, I suggest you check the channel first, no sound, then take your box with you to their office right then, ask them to put the channel on their box that shows on TV at the back wall of their office, if no sound, well, you showed your point. If they have sound then ask them to try your box - I doubt the problem is your box and/or card, but worth being prepared and be able to check all the possible scenarios....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I will be interested to see what they say, I suggest you check the channel first, no sound, then take your box with you to their office right then, ask them to put the channel on their box that shows on TV at the back wall of their office, if no sound, well, you showed your point. If they have sound then ask them to try your box - I doubt the problem is your box and/or card, but worth being prepared and be able to check all the possible scenarios....

the problem is nothing more than an issue with the feed. it is a regular situation with telecable POP. picture, but no sound..

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ive had times where the audio button was on the wrong feed.....like you switch through left, right, stereo etc.....

but changing your box might be worthwhile.....or at least test it down the shop

in the end this is why i bought an android tv box, so i can have more chioce of sport feeds...ie US or UK commentary.

chelseacpa

Dec 8, 2016

I live in Charimicos and had the same problem I tried all of the fixes you did and nothing. No Sound

chelseacpa

Dec 8, 2016
I don't think it is the box. They had a problem on the satellite download. This happens with the cooking channel also.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Fox has sound again of course now that game is over. Will check later in the week. Big game this weekend and the Superbowl is on fox.