NYC DR Embassy Residency Renewal

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I went to renew my permanent residency and Cedula at the Junta Central but could not because it closed early for Semana Santa. While people were leaving the office I asked a fellow wearing a government ID if the offices would the office be open the next day. He asked me where I was from and I said NYC. He said why don't you just renew it in NYC at the Junta Central office in the DR Embassy. I know there are some threads on this that have opinions. Bottom line 1. Can it be done.? 2. Is it a complicated process? 3. Would it be faster and better to pay an attorney again for the renewal? I see listings for up to 800USD. I think that's expensive, comments?

:ninja:

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I went to renew my permanent residency and Cedula at the Junta Central but could not because it closed early for Semana Santa. While people were leaving the office I asked a fellow wearing a government ID if the offices would the office be open the next day. He asked me where I was from and I said NYC. He said why don't you just renew it in NYC at the Junta Central office in the DR Embassy. I know there are some threads on this that have opinions. Bottom line 1. Can it be done.? 2. Is it a complicated process? 3. Would it be faster and better to pay an attorney again for the renewal? I see listings for up to 800USD. I think that's expensive, comments?

:ninja:

Call the DR Consulate in NYC and ask if it is possible to do? They should be able to give you your options.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I suspect you cannot renew out of the country if you need to have a medical exam done for that renewal.