Virtual Phone Number in Dominican Republic

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
What is the best virtual phone number system if you want locals to be able to reach you at a Dominican number while you are abroad? Not everybody seems to have access to WhatsApp or Skype.

Thanks in advance!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
What is the best virtual phone number system if you want locals to be able to reach you at a Dominican number while you are abroad? Not everybody seems to have access to WhatsApp or Skype.

Thanks in advance!

Here every body has a Cellphone and the price per minute to USA from all Dominican Companies has same price as a local call, so is not a big deal to call to USA, new local plans for fixd phones you can call any number in the USA and PR and use your local minutes for the call and if you have a postpaid phone also the minutes of your plan is included USA and PR as local call and the price is the same for a local call if you have used all your minutes and the campany just billed extra minutes.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Here every body has a Cellphone and the price per minute to USA from all Dominican Companies has same price as a local call, so is not a big deal to call to USA, new local plans for fixd phones you can call any number in the USA and PR and use your local minutes for the call and if you have a postpaid phone also the minutes of your plan is included USA and PR as local call and the price is the same for a local call if you have used all your minutes and the campany just billed extra minutes.

Thanks, but that was not the kind of info I was looking for.

Anybody?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Thanks, but that was not the kind of info I was looking for.

Anybody?

It was actually a pretty concise answer, if you have a US number, it is the same as having an RD number as far as cost of a Dominican originated call to a cell.

Are you specifically looking for a Dominican number, then buy a SIM card on a cheapie phone, and sign up for whatsapp, and that will be your number, pretty simple, am I missing something?

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
It was actually a pretty concise answer, if you have a US number, it is the same as having an RD number as far as cost of a Dominican originated call to a cell.

Are you specifically looking for a Dominican number, then buy a SIM card on a cheapie phone, and sign up for whatsapp, and that will be your number, pretty simple, am I missing something?

I think he wants to be reachable anywhere in the world on the Dominican number, even a landline, which so far none of the responses addresses.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I think he wants to be reachable anywhere in the world on the Dominican number, even a landline, which so far none of the responses addresses.

Do you have a better solution than whatsapp, which DOES solve the portable 809/829 number.
I love dr1, do you?

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Do you have a better solution than whatsapp, which DOES solve the portable 809/829 number.
I love dr1, do you?
If you're on a cell phone, no. Given the criteria the OP laid out, the solution probably needs to be landline friendly, which WhatsApp is not.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
What Mido appears to be looking for is a Dominican phone number that he can use while outside the Dominican Republic so those in the D.R. can call that number instead of an out-of-country number.

It probably is not possible, so the next best thing would be a Net Talk, Magic Jack, Skype, Google Voice, etc. number that he can use anywhere he has an Internet connection.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What Mido appears to be looking for is a Dominican phone number that he can use while outside the Dominican Republic so those in the D.R. can call that number instead of an out-of-country number.

It probably is not possible, so the next best thing would be a Net Talk, Magic Jack, Skype, Google Voice, etc. number that he can use anywhere he has an Internet connection.

That depends on where he'll be. *If it's all over the world, no, won't work. *But if it's the USA, I know our niece has a Dominican phone number that rings in Oklahoma.*

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
That depends on where he'll be. *If it's all over the world, no, won't work. *But if it's the USA, I know our niece has a Dominican phone number that rings in Oklahoma.*

Can you explain what carrier / VOIP app she uses?
Call forwarding would work, but incurs the cost of the forward to another line.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can you explain what carrier / VOIP app she uses?
Call forwarding would work, but incurs the cost of the forward to another line.

I will ask her, she told me once but I don't remember, except it was a flat monthly rate, if I recall correctly*

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I need a virtual Dominican phone number which can be called absolutely free through a landline. Sometimes people have not even enough money to buy a prepaid card for their cellphone nor the money for internet access.

Marie34

Jun 29, 2017

Thanks in advance!

Well, you can check freezvon.com this provider helped me a year ago when I needed to keep in touch with my partners while I was on business trip in Europe. if you want, just read more here https://freezvon.com/virtual-number/dominican-republic forwarding of calls is possible to Skype. Buying sim card is more expensive really. This company has acceptable rates and prices for setup.

ChicaSlayer

Dec 16, 2016
I use Dingtone for that. It will ring on your phone through your data network has voicemail or you can forward it to whatever number you want. It can be free if you want to do the surveys and stuff, but I just buy the credits $20 last me about 6 months with moderate useage.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I use Dingtone for that. It will ring on your phone through your data network has voicemail or you can forward it to whatever number you want. It can be free if you want to do the surveys and stuff, but I just buy the credits $20 last me about 6 months with moderate useage.

If you mean to have US number here, also google talk if you live in USA they give you a virtual number that you can receive and make calls. I live here in DR so I can only make free calls to USA and Canada.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Depending on how techie you are and what you want the number for, Twilio offers virtual Dominican Republic numbers which you can program using PHP code that you write to divert to any other number worldwide - the Twilio system is incredibly powerful but you do need PHP programming skills to be able to write the code to use their numbers. So if you wanted to set up a series of Dominican numbers that locals could call and do clever things with the calls like have menus, track the numbers they are dialled from, stream calls to different agents, then Twilio is the best option. The only thing is that I think that their numbers are all charged as if they are a Dominican cell phone. The good thing about Twilio is that you rent their numbers for US$ 1 per month per number so if you wanted 20 local DR numbers you'd only pay $20 a month. On their website they give you a large choice of numbers to rent.

Another option would be to set up call forwarding on a Claro number, I'm pretty certain that both their landlines and cellphones have call forwarding features available so you could divert calls to a non-DR number - obviously you would need to subscribe to the number in the first place that you are diverting from.

alexrozinek

Jun 18, 2018
Hi, I am looking for German DID numbers. If anyone can suggest a carrier or provide a German DID number, please let me know commenting below or contact on my Skype: live:madmaxxmad87

Feb 7, 2007
This is a DR thread, but I will give you a hint: both callcentric and localphone and anveo provide German DIDs. You will need a proof of German address to get one.