Used frames for glasses and leftover meds

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Is there any place I can donate a few pairs of used eye glasses?
The frames are perfectly useable, just need to change the prescription.

My first thought would be to bring them to an optometrist but frankly I am afraid they would be resold at the optometrist profit. Just looking for someone to use them again, I hate to just throw them out. *Is there a group of Optometrist-without-border that could use them?

While I am at it, I was prescribed cholesterol meds that really did not agree with me. I still have about 20 pills left. I know meds are touchy but they are in a plastic pop through kind of packaging, untouched. If I recall they were not cheap at all. Is there any way to give that to people who might need them? Would the Hospital use them or should I just throw them out?

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011

My first thought would be to bring them to an optometrist but frankly I am afraid they would be resold at the optometrist profit. Just looking for someone to use them again, I hate to just throw them out. *Is there a group of Optometrist-without-border that could use them?

While I am at it, I was prescribed cholesterol meds that really did not agree with me. I still have about 20 pills left. I know meds are touchy but they are in a plastic pop through kind of packaging, untouched. If I recall they were not cheap at all. Is there any way to give that to people who might need them? Would the Hospital use them or should I just throw them out?

Very good question. I have thought of this myself regarding the eyeglasses.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
The "Lions Club" has for years collected used eyewear for donation to the needy.
I don't know if they are active in the DR? Perhaps give your collection to someone
who is returning to the states?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003

If I remember correctly, you are on the North Coast.

There is a small non-profit called "Dominican Eyes" that would accept the eyeglasses.

Their website is here:

http://dominicaneyes.org/

There is contact information on the website.