Aguilas vs. Tigres!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It's down to these two.

I'm looking forward to the series, and may take in a couple of home (Santiago) games.

I have a solid connection for private VIP seats, drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll make the connection.

Go Aguilas! Been 3 years since you've been in a championship series, and 8 years since you won!

hqdefault.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
8 years? It's been that long since we heard from the devoted Aguilas fans? Baseball threads on dr1 have been dead for years and only seem to come to life if the Aguilas are winning. LOL

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
If the Aguilas play anything like when I went and watched them vs Licey in Diciembre, they don't stand a chance

It depends on who they draft for the finals. Each team is eligible to pick up some players from Escogido and San Francisco. This is one way where the Dominican league differs from others. Should be fun. They are the 2 most supported teams. Colmados should be packed.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
8 years? It's been that long since we heard from the devoted Aguilas fans? Baseball threads on dr1 have been dead for years and only seem to come to life if the Aguilas are winning. LOL
So where were the Licey fans?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Note: I just found out those VIP tickets may already be gone. That was Fast, I know. There may be more details tomorrow...

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I'm a Los Estrellas guy. No horse in this race....again. Seems to be a lot of Licey fans west of Santo Domingo. I remember there being a lot in Bani, Ocoa, Azua and San Juan.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Aguilas

Which reminds me I still need to put up my game fots from the fabulous game I attended with Hillbilly.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My MIL is a Licey fan and my BIL is an Aguilar fans and their friends are kind od evenly divided. Gets pretty loud during a game and sounds like a fight but after the game no matter who won they are all happy.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
My MIL is a Licey fan and my BIL is an Aguilar fans and their friends are kind od evenly divided. Gets pretty loud during a game and sounds like a fight but after the game no matter who won they are all happy.

The Aguila / Tigres rivalry is the #1 in the DR...

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Here's the schedule for the finals (weather permitting)...best of 9...first to 5 wins:
Jan 19th...Tigres @ Aguilas...8pm
Jan 20th...Aguilas @ Tigres...7:30pm
Jan 21st...Tigres @ Aguilas...8pm
Jan 22nd...Aguilas @ Tigres...5pm
Jan 23rd...Off Day
Jan 24th...Tigres @ Aguilas...8pm
Jan 25th...Aguilas @ Tigres...7:30pm
Jan 26th...Tigres @ Aguilas...8pm
Jan 27th...Aguilas @ Tigres...7:30pm
Jan 28th...Tigres @ Aguilas...8pm

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
I have tried to look on line to purchase tickets, but no luck. Does anyone know where I can get them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Usually at the stadium box office. I've never purchased online. Don't wait until 1st pitch. For my Estrellas here in San Pedro, the box office was usually open from 9am-12pm & 2-5pm. Somebody in Santo Domingo or Santiago should be able to give you a better idea. Try not to buy tickets off of scalpers in the parking lots.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Usually at the stadium box office. I've never purchased online. Don't wait until 1st pitch. For my Estrellas here in San Pedro, the box office was usually open from 9am-12pm & 2-5pm. Somebody in Santo Domingo or Santiago should be able to give you a better idea. Try not to buy tickets off of scalpers in the parking lots.

In Santo Domingo you may not have any other choice unless you want bleacher seats. It helps to know how the seats are numbered and different sections so you don't get stuck with a couple of tickets where the seats end up in different rows or sections.

You can find seating maps for each stadium online. A few times when I was forced to buy scalper tickets I had a printout of the seating layout with me. Trust me, it helped.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
If you don't have local Dominican television---we do not at Camp Moto---Lidom has an online streaming package through DR Sports for $9.99 for the 9-game series.

https://drsports.neulion.com/

We do this for the NFL, and MLB & NHL playoffs, so I'm going to give it a try.