Calling on AZB, and Criss Colon, Jane!!!!!!!

Rick

Feb 21, 2002
AZB, thanks to you I'm ready to take on a few new challenges in the DR. The information that you posted, has proven to be effective. I met a very attractive lady in Santo Domingo last August, and she just told me that she would like to go to santiago for the weekend. To my suprise she told me that her girlfriend would have to come with us, then the warning light went off in my head. Now that I can see myself picking up the exrta tab, I'm thinking about calling off this trip. Thank you for your words of wisdom, you are truly the voice of "experance".

Hey Criss, of all those who post on the DR1, you are my hero. They attack you with the sword, but you defend with the pen. Your opinions carry much weight, therefore they stumble at your profound depth. Mr king of the "semi-colon" I despise the life you have. Yes, you have moved to a country where they have taken you in, and engrafted yourself among the Dominican people. As for your wife and her family, they now have become your family. Your living my dream far from the restless shores of the USA. Maybe it's to late for me, for I have heard the siren sounds of the Dominican beauties, and now have crashed against the rocks. Can you help me my "mentor", tell me if it's to late for me? You once said "enjoy the wine, but leave the vines". Is this why you desided to live in the DR with your wife? Is there any way that I can transplant a Dominican beauty? I welcome your advise, how can I break the spell? For I can no longer "swim against the currents".

Dear Jane, yes it's me "desperate Rick" I'm new to the DR1 and you may not like me, but you better learn to love me, because I'm here to stay.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Rick said:
Dear Jane, yes it's me "desperate Rick" I'm new to the DR1 and you may not like me, but you better learn to love me, because I'm here to stay.
Uhhh, I'm confused. You're addressing me because........? And I have to love you?

What the?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Naw, Jane, he's just spoofin' ya.

Of course if he sees your picture, or if any of the 'macho men' see it, you will have to use a baseball bat like Sammy Sosa.

Remember, this is the Internet...

Hb

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
It wasn't me.

Aw, you're sweet, HB...

But I cracked the case! He meant to say Jade, not Jane...She called him 'Desperate Rick' y no fui yo.

(You know, I'm perfectly willing to take the heat for things that I actually say, but this is slanderous! My good name! What? I'm a biatch with a bad reputation? Oh. Never mind...)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Welcome to the "Round Table"Desperate One!

It is more likely that "I" carry more weight than my opinions! I know that I often stumble under my Ponderous weight but seldom from my profound opinions;non-the-less;I feel that your chances for a long-lasting ,successful relationship increase significantly when you plan to live in the Dominican Republic.If you marry a "Rich white woman from the Naco district with a degree in philosophy,who wants to go to Boston University for her "Masters",and "Phd"maybe.Most of us marry women from more "humble" circumstances!They need their;Mami,and Papi(If he is still around) and their extended families.(Support System) I pass no judgement on onyone,s choices,only offer my personal experiences as "examples"! (One mans point-of-view)The Dominican Republic is a "Cultural Experience" more than a "Geographic"entity.If I were to transport you to a beautiful beach in the Dominican Republic devoid of people,and not tell you where you were,you might guess any one of many similar island countries.If you "landed" in Boca Chica on a Sunday afternoon,even a deaf person who knew Dominicans, would know "right-a-way" where they were.Where else,for example,do people eat "espagetti" sandwiches? People dancing,drinking as they "cruise" the beach,teenage girls walking in 3,s and 4,s,the families,you know! Why are the posts on DR1 that say: You are Dominican if: then list the cultural idiosyncrasies of Dominicans so hilarious,especially to Dominicans,because above all Dominicans are "creatures-of-habit"! You may take a "Dominican"out of their "Culture",but you will NEVER,take their "Culture",out of a Dominican!!!Have you visited the "Dominican areas" of New York City? "Los Minas North",just colder in the winter!Good luck,I hope you realize your "Dream" CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Rick

Feb 21, 2002
Thanks Criss Colon.

The perspective you have gained just didn't happen overnite Mr king of the "SEMI-COLON". My friend, I know that you "just didn't wake up" one day to find yourself married, and living in the DR. I'm sure many factors were involved. You sound like a man who has read many a book, and has traveled the world. In your conclusion you have found what works best for you, and I hope that you have found much happiness. Hope is what the world in need of, hope for a future, hope for happiness. That's why you are a "legend in my mind". You are the living witness that dreams do come true.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thank You Rick!

Your check is "In-The-Mail"! You posted it just like I wrote it in the email I sent you! I can hear the "Groans" now,"Oh Paaaleeeze"! Give us a "Break"! Thanks anyway! (Sent you an email)CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC