Sending $ from Banco Popular to PayPal to US Bank.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I did search on this but I wasn't clear. I read conflicting posts where....
1. I will have to create new Banco Popular dollar account to PayPal account and send fund to my US paypal account and deposit into US account.
2. I would have to do this Pasos account due to double exchange banks are doing.
3. I can just link both DR & US bank to PayPal and transfer money with $10 fee.

Now that I just found out that there's relationship between Banco Popular here and PayPal. Can I do any of mentioned above? I had been doing too many things to maintain some funds to maintain my credit scores and doing some retirement plan. As frugal as I am and holidays causing my funds to dry up in US. if I can transfer from BP bank to US just for $10. I would not have to wait last minutes to initiate transfers or ask a favor of family for favors. This will ease some headaches.

Can anybody confirm?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
https://www.popularenlinea.com/pyme/paginas/paypal/paypal.aspx

As far as I can see it only allows you to transfer PayPal funds to your popular account, not the other way around. Works for me though, I'll give it a try if it allows me to deposit in a popular usd account. 4 days waiting time though. 

Oh yeah this too. Many said they sending to US is not allowed and some had said they had no problem sending money to US. I am very curious on this. Instead of wire transfering every two three months i can just do monthly and save some money on both end.

You need a bank account is USA to do this..

I have few bank accounts in US so isn't a problem.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
When paypal first formed an alliance with banco popular i was told you can only withdraw from PayPal to a USD account at Popular. You would then need to initiate a wire transfer to a US account. Not sure if this has changed. Also, the PayPal account could not be a US account. You needed to link an Internacional account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
When paypal first formed an alliance with banco popular i was told you can only withdraw from PayPal to a USD account at Popular. You would then need to initiate a wire transfer to a US account. Not sure if this has changed. Also, the PayPal account could not be a US account. You needed to link an Internacional account.

Well...
lf this is true, it would not get rid of headache, it would creat one by adding more accounts. I had seen popular branch in north bergen NJ. Could opening one there solve problem? Perhaps I can payoff some of credit cards bills from there? $25 adds up quickly and I would love to cut down the cost. I am spending anywhere between $150 to $250+ per year and i love to keep some of that in bank, if possible.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Well...
lf this is true, it would not get rid of headache, it would creat one by adding more accounts. I had seen popular branch in north bergen NJ. Could opening one there solve problem? Perhaps I can payoff some of credit cards bills from there? $25 adds up quickly and I would love to cut down the cost. I am spending anywhere between $150 to $250+ per year and i love to keep some of that in bank, if possible.
From what I understand, the US version of Banco Popular is not the same as Banco Popular here. In other words, it will not save you any money on transfers. It would be the same as transferring to another US Bank.