Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car Windows Damaged by the Sun

Our rear car window seems have wrinkly lines embedded in it. I‘m sure the sun has caused this damage. It’s like a skin even though when you run your hand ether side of the window you can’t feel a thing.
    Any idea’s how to fix this.
    Thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j&t's future View Post
    Our rear car window seems have wrinkly lines embedded in it. I‘m sure the sun has caused this damage. It’s like a skin even though when you run your hand ether side of the window you can’t feel a thing.
    Thanks
    Cheap replacement glass could be the cause. There is a layer of lamination that's plastic for shatter resistance. That can get hot and the plastic reshape and deform.

I doubt there is a fix.

You also may have a darkened lamination layer on the inside that's worn out.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j&t's future View Post
    Thanks
    Are you sure it's not the tint that is wrinkled?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Cheap replacement glass could be the cause. There is a layer of lamination that's plastic for shatter resistance. That can get hot and the plastic reshape and deform.

I doubt there is a fix.

You also may have a darkened lamination layer on the inside that's worn out.
    correct... when that type of glass was first made , it was called safety glass.....there is a very thin layer if plastic between 2 layers of glass......... I have a feeling in a accident that glass is no longer safe........

Post Thanks / Like

same situation with me.