Millinneum hotel and resort Cabarete

Danceelite

Mar 22, 2007
I am seriously considering staying a week here in May. I am an Island regular have stayed in many cities all over the Island. My favorite hotel is Jaragua in the capitol, however I have a bunch of male friends doing a party in Sosua in May and I have missed the last two and promised to attend this one. I am not staying a week in one of the red roof inn typed hotels in Sosua this trip. I took a salsa lesson sometime ago a Millinneum and was impressed. However traveling as a single guy in the DR has its drawbacks. Are there those of you who know the rules and the general atmosphere at this very nice resort in Cabarete. I always rent a jeepeta when in the DR. I am also pretty thick skinned so I am ready for all those negative comments that come with posting a question on DR1. I don't do the internet gangster thing at 65 I guess Ive finally grown up.

Jan 17, 2009
It's for your own protection that hotels require a guest to provide a cedula.   Things happen, including ruffies.  Stay safe and enjoy.  Millenium is a great resort.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Millenium is great and one of my favorites.... I thought there was a guest must check-in at same time rule, thus the wristband?

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Millenium is great and one of my favorites.... I thought there was a guest must check-in at same time rule, thus the wristband?
I stayed at the Millenium for a few days in December and brought along a "guest" and there were no wristbands for either of us and they didn't check or keep her cedula,they did want to see my ID though,weird. That said,I would make sure anyone staying there has ID just in case.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I stayed at the Millenium for a few days in December and brought along a "guest" and there were no wristbands for either of us and they didn't check or keep her cedula,they did want to see my ID though,weird. That said,I would make sure anyone staying there has ID just in case.

Was your watch and cellphone there when you woke up?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

If you bring someone with you when you check-in, an ID is usually not required. If you bring a "guest" back at night, many places require a cedula from your "guest".

sonrisa

Dec 23, 2008
Staying at Millenium now. First class Clean. Modern. Increíble pool and ocean views. Quiet. Easy stroll on beach to Cabarete central. Me gusta mucho. 

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
I am seriously considering staying a week here in May. I am an Island regular have stayed in many cities all over the Island. My favorite hotel is Jaragua in the capitol, however I have a bunch of male friends doing a party in Sosua in May and I have missed the last two and promised to attend this one. I am not staying a week in one of the red roof inn typed hotels in Sosua this trip. I took a salsa lesson sometime ago a Millinneum and was impressed. However traveling as a single guy in the DR has its drawbacks. Are there those of you who know the rules and the general atmosphere at this very nice resort in Cabarete. I always rent a jeepeta when in the DR. I am also pretty thick skinned so I am ready for all those negative comments that come with posting a question on DR1. I don't do the internet gangster thing at 65 I guess Ive finally grown up.

I just got back from Millennium last week.  

It is very clean and modern.  Ice cold AC in the rooms that housekeeping actually likes to show off.  This is rare in the DR.  Very hot shower with good water pressure and strong flush.  The location is very good.  It is a short (10-15 min) walk to any of the area restaurants, bakeries, etc.

They have a large in-room safe that can store a laptop and other valuables.   

I walked the beach and streets at all hours of the day and night and encountered nothing but friendly people.  There are dozens of motoconcho drivers at every step.  I have a safe driver if you need one.  Let me know... 

The best exchange rate at a cambio was right across the street at a yellow signed Caribe Express.  There are banks and combos everywhere but this place had the best rate.  

My few complaints:

1.  The pool is FREEZING for some reason and not heated.  The weather was a beautiful 80-85 all week with a constant breeze.  I guess that is not hot enough to warm up the pool.  They have a jacuzzi but it took them till the last day to fix it.  And when they did, it was pretty dirty and blazing hot.  If you are like me, and love some pool time, be warned.  Kind of annoying.  It is very cold but very clean... 
2.  They did not have any issue with bringing a girl back to the room.  But they charge you $10 for the privilege.  If she stays overnight and leaves after 8AM, they charge you $50.  Like others have said, the girl will need her ID.  I felt like the hotel was very secure and they knew your every step. Not a "bad thing" but you might feel shy about a different meal...or several meals every night.  
3.  For such a nice hotel, they do not give any conditioner.  Also, their shower gel and shampoo do not lather.  I never felt "clean".
4.  They give you 2 bottles of water at check in but you need to purchase more if you want it.  They have water at an expensive gift shop downstairs.  You can also go across the street to the town market where I found bottled water for 10 pesos each.
5.  Wifi was very spotty but that just seems to be how it is in our beloved DR.  No better or worse here.  
6.  The on site restaurant had great food but was much more expensive than going to the town restaurants.  

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Pool was probably cold because of all the recent rains.  Not sure when you arrived, but from late Oct until just about last week there were rain showers almost every day.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
The Millennium hotel is where both Richard Branson and Merly Streep--among many others have stayed when in Cabarete. So, yeah, you could probably say it's one of, if not thee best hotel anywhere on the North Coast. Probably top 5-best hotels in the country--and with stunning Penthouses that have rooftops incorporated into the rooms. To say that the Penthouses are stunning would be an understatement.

Frank