Claro upgrades?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Has Claro been upgrading the past few months?  

We've always had serious issues with internet and phone at our house.  Unusable indoors, iffy outside. I literally had to wait until we visited Santo Domingo to do online banking, and half the time I had trouble reading DR1 or Facebook, or googling, etc. In the old days, Mr AE literally climbed on the roof to make a call

Got here Saturday, and was shocked to see LTE with 5 bars on my phone.   No issues in three days. 

Any publicity about this?  I'm a happy campesina. There's hope for this country!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You have nicked my signal. I have zero phone signal with Claro and internet is off an on when used to be perfect - they are apparently upgrading the service which appears to mean turning it off completely. Can you send it back here please?

Matilda

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'll check to see if there isn't a tower I can knock down somewhere.

They're always upgrading somewhere. I'm still waiting for the day I'll get Claro Fibre Optic here in Nigua.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
They're also still rolling out fiber. There are probably windows where the CO switch isn't upgraded before the fiber rollout saturates the bandwidth.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
They're also still rolling out fiber. There are probably windows where the CO switch isn't upgraded before the fiber rollout saturates the bandwidth.
We had some poor service in Jarabacoa while Claro transitioned from microwave to fiber in the local server center.

Now the speeds aren't faster, but much more consistent even during high-traffic periods because there is plenty of bandwidth.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I chatted with them online today via their website and i kept moving up the queue then back down again lol. Eventually I just asked them if they were working in this area as zero signal and the person had no idea. But said I would get a refund lol. I don't want a refund just want a bloody signal lol.

Mat