CARNAVAL 2017

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Sorry if this has already been asked but i ll be over Feb 10 for 10 days and hear Puerto plata has a carnival parade each weekend. Could anyone confirm if Saturday or Sunday and where?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Hmmmm, kinda makes me wanna to go all native this year.

01-24.jpg

In a press conference the chairman of the Carnival association of Puerto Plata announced that in every weekend in February carnival activities will take place. The government, together with other sponsors have made 8 million pesos available for the celebration of the carnival. On Sunday, February 5th carnival starts with a large-scale parade on the Malecón of Puerto Plata. On stage every weekend well-known bands, dance groups and singing groups will do performances. More details about the carnival program will be announced on Tuesday, January 24th. The chairman said that only bad weather can be an obstacle.

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=4707&article=1

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
Sorry if this has already been asked but i ll be over Feb 10 for 10 days and hear Puerto plata has a carnival parade each weekend. Could anyone confirm if Saturday or Sunday and where?

Every Sunday in February. 
The parade normally goes from Acapella to the Bomberos. The stage is in front of the bomberos  (fire department  on the Malecon ), that is the place to be with all the stands and stage and so one