How to receive packages in a Place they don't deliver..

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I want to order some cigars from the USA but we live in a small village were there is no collection nor delivery.
Appreciate tips to handle this.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Gonna have to go to a city that has a delivery service like EPS, BM Cargo, etc. and pick them up.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Every town does have a local post office. I have always had my mail delivered wherever I live, even now in the middle of a campo in the mountains. You just need to go to the post office and tell them where you live and make sure the address makes sense to a Dominican. My address currently is La Americana (I am not), con muchos perros, behind the little colmado. The guy brings the mail on his motorbike and I give him RD$50 for his gasoline. Or the office will call you to go and pick it up.
To find the address and phone number of your local post office, look here.http://inposdom.gob.do/index.php/institucion/directorio-de-ubicaciones

There are 187 offices and I have never had anything go missing, even credit/debit cards, and have always found the staff to be really helpful.

Matilda

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My zip is 33000

Fulano, go to Rio SAN JUAN and sign up for a service or Gasping Hernandez or Cabrera 
Package comes to there for pickup 

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I want to order some cigars from the USA but we live in a small village were there is no collection nor delivery.
Appreciate tips to handle this.[/QUOTE

My first question is why would you order cigars from the US when the DR is the biggest exporter in the world?

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
It's hard to get good cigars overhere and when you find them...more expensive. Cigars from Nicaragua, which I prefer are impossible to get here.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's hard to get good cigars overhere and when you find them...more expensive. Cigars from Nicaragua, which I prefer are impossible to get here.

CrissColon, may he RIP, always had his cigars shipped in for the same reason. He bought Dominican cigars online for less than he would pay here

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
My first question is why would you order cigars from the US when the DR is the biggest exporter in the world?

First of all, you really are good at the quote function, WOW!
Secondly, in many instances, it is actually cheaper to import cigars, most higher end brand name cigars are manufactured for export and taxed at an insane rate locally, I see you are a big cigar smoker. Search for cigar posts by CCCCCC (RIP)

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
If you are not an experienced cigar smoker, the question makes sense. But as you say, try to get a high end brand name Dominican....insane prices, for that you buy Cubans in Europe (still my number 1).
The tourist banana leafs are not my cup of tea.