Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CHANGING FROM ORANGE TO CLARO CELL PHONE SERVICE

Sosua - Does anyone know how to change from Orange to Claro, pay as you go cell phone service? Is it possible to keep my same phone number too?

Thanks

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pay as you go. Walk into the Claro office, and tell them you want a number with them. They'll give you a new sim card. The agent will also be able to scroll through the list of available numbers. If your's is free, you can have it. If not, you can choose any number you wish. I always had a problem remembering my number when I moved here, Claro allowed me to pick my number, and I made it a combination that I won't forget.

3. Likes CristoRey liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It's called portabilidad numerica. I haven't seen any mention anywhere if it's limited to billed services but at this link you can request the transfer to Claro https://appsec.claro.com.do/wps/port...-movil#info-02

Or you can do it in person at one of their offices. Just have to make sure you don't owe anything to Orange and that the number is under your name.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Step 1.- Your orange number must be a prepaid phone. If not tell orange you want to switch into prepaid service, because if is not prepaid will appears always that you owe money to Orange and will cancell the portability aplication.

Stop 2.- Go to claro customer service office and tell you want to port your orange number, they will ask you for your ID to make a copy and fill an aplication. You have to tell them if you wants a prepaid service with claro or postpaid. In case you want postpaid they will check if you have good credit record, after that will be wait 7 days, and your number will be in Claro, you will have to go back to pick up your new chip when your old chip go off.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the answers!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I switched from Orange to Claro, and I am satisfied. The process was painless.

8. Likes CAPAMERICA liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squat View Post
    I switched from Orange to Claro, and I am satisfied. The process was painless.
    I switched from VIVA to Claro, tired of waitting for 4G service almost 2 years ago, now finally VIVA is installing 3G and 4G, but Claro now has Roaming with the local minutes and data in 20 countries, so I stoped thinking to go back to VIVA.

So lets see what is coming.