Island Breeze playing tonight at Chez Arsenios in Cabarete

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you get the chance, please stop by Chez Arsensio's just off Encuentro Beach in Cabarete, where Island Breeze with Dick Lupino on bass and vocals, David Fuglie on guitar and vocals and, myself, Mike Wojnar on keyboards and vocals. We start at 6 PM tonight, Saturday January 28, playing a variety of Rock and R&B tunes. Great food in a great location with music and dancing.

agw

Feb 14, 2010
If you get the chance, please stop by Chez Arsensio's just off Encuentro Beach in Cabarete, where Island Breeze with Dick Lupino on bass and vocals, David Fuglie on guitar and vocals and, myself, Mike Wojnar on keyboards and vocals. We start at 6 PM tonight, Saturday January 28, playing a variety of Rock and R&B tunes. Great food in a great location with music and dancing.

Any chance you will be there next weekend or later in February? I don't arrive until the 2nd.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Any chance you will be there next weekend or later in February? I don't arrive until the 2nd.

Yes, we will be at Chez Arsenio's on February 11 and 25 and also some additional dates in March and April.

I will attempt to post updates as those dates arrive.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Thoroughly enjoyed Island Breeze;three very talented guys. Finally got to meet windeguy in person after all these years!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Yes, we will be at Chez Arsenio's on February 11 and 25 and also some additional dates in March and April.

I will attempt to post updates as those dates arrive.

Post pictures, I envision you wearing a baggy Jimmy Buffet collared shirt, acid washed baggy Levis circa 1992, and Teva sandles from eBay!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not too far off the mark....

16142269_1414748988535321_639445827630510899_n.jpg
Post pictures, I envision you wearing a baggy Jimmy Buffet collared shirt, acid washed baggy Levis circa 1992, and Teva sandles from eBay!
I didn't wear the sandles that night and it is too warm for jeans. This pic was from The Checkpoint gig on Thursday. Of course now that I post the pic, it is too big and I am cut out of the frame on the right. Dick is on bass and David is on guitar.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Is this a Dominican Bar Mitzvah you are playing for Jose Goldstein?
You gotta go wireless, on the mics at least, I have not seen spaghetti on stage like that since 1995.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Whatever works in this environment

Is this a Dominican Bar Mitzvah you are playing for Jose Goldstein?
You gotta go wireless, on the mics at least, I have not seen spaghetti on stage like that since 1995.

I actually don't know anyone here using wireless mics on the north coast. We are close to the ocean and electronics here suffers greatly. Wire is cheap and easy to replace. A good wireless mic system, not so much, and yet another thing that could be an issue if used with an inverter. . One other performer is on her third piano in several years and I mean expensive name brand models because of the salt air and bad power in the DR. I currently use inexpensive midi controllers and virtual instruments with the sounds generated on a PC for gigs. Don't knock Bar Mitzvahs, they pay well. At this stage in our lives, we certainly aren't doing this for the money.

At least we were able to use technology to replace "the drummer" . That little silver pedal by my right foot never misses a beat, doesn't get drunk and start throwing sticks and does not speed up or slow down. And best of all, can be turned down in volume.

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Chez Arenisos is a wonderful location to play. It really is a great location with great food. We really enjoyed playing there.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Typing before my first cup of coffee after a gig night - CHEZ ARSENIOS, near Encuentro Beach in Cabarete is a great place to play with great food.

agw

Feb 14, 2010
Typing before my first cup of coffee after a gig night - CHEZ ARSENIOS, near Encuentro Beach in Cabarete is a great place to play with great food.

I'm going to try to check it out on the 11th! it just depends on my sister as it will be the last night of her first ever visit to the Caribbean. If she's up for it, we'll be there.

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
Was at Chez Arsenio last night and as reported, great location, good food, music was terrific and lots of dancing!