Circunvalación in Barahona

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Correct...the by-pass as usually the case with such road projects is still under discussion. The main problem is an adequate route. Barahona is backed up to the foothills of the Sierra de Bahoruco on one side and the Bahia de Neiba on the other. No real way to get from one side to the other but the best one under consideration would follow the old narrow gage railroad route from near the airport to the port. This is where the new gas station is located shown in the photos. However, I would not expect an real progress other than more talk!!!

Yacine

Oct 23, 2005
I taught the by pass was suppose to pass by new UASD then the old airport/military base to the malecon. anyway that other one via salinas is good to. I hope bani and azua get done first anyway, croos those 2 towns is painful some days.

Aug 6, 2006
By the port, do you mean where the bars on the Malecon are? That would probably not speed traffic up much,as past the port there is still a lot of town to cross through. If they four-laned it, that would help. On weekends, there is a lot of traffic on the Malecon, even with the separate motorcycle lane.