GOOD man needs work!

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
We have made some changes and having to let some workers go. It is NOT easy to have tell a good and respected worker/friend that we have to let him go.

Young single Dominican man. Speaks some English. Has always shown up on time and never left early. Never has asked for time off or money. Self starter and keeps on working finding things to do. I've never even thought of him taking anything. Respectful with a pleasant personality. Takes classes on his time.

Gardening, painting, animals, minor electrical, general overall maintenance. He has "lived in" on our place while we are out of town with keys to all and shotgun to keep our home safe and secure. That takes a lot of trust.

North coast area and I would be very pleased to answer your questions. Serious questions Please PM me.

Thank you.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
We have made some changes and having to let some workers go. It is NOT easy to have tell a good and respected worker/friend that we have to let him go.

Young single Dominican man. Speaks some English. Has always shown up on time and never left early. Never has asked for time off or money. Self starter and keeps on working finding things to do. I've never even thought of him taking anything. Respectful with a pleasant personality. Takes classes on his time.

Gardening, painting, animals, minor electrical, general overall maintenance. He has "lived in" on our place while we are out of town with keys to all and shotgun to keep our home safe and secure. That takes a lot of trust.

North coast area and I would be very pleased to answer your questions. Serious questions Please PM me.

Thank you.

Why do you have to let him go, he sounds rare ? I have a Haitian gardener, sometime watchy-man, house sitter and general maintenance worker for almost two years but I wouldn't trust him to do electrical. He has never stolen so much as a banana, but he is not 100% prompt, but not bad, and he comes all the way from Montellano. I even agreed to let him work off the money I fronted him for a used passola and he has about 4 months till that's paid. But I have not seen any local handyman I trust for electrical work. I do my own but I don't even trust my own work.
Good luck helping him, sounds like you have a heart.

martinwmeije

Sep 14, 2016
Hello Dr Solar...i tried to pm you but i guess i have to post some more.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I posted the OP about a year ago with no luck.

SOOOO... He still works for us and we are fine with too many workers, so to speak. He is studying hard in two subjects at local "university" in the PM's and doing well. All 3 of our workers are taking classes.

As we have with others, we go a little extra when they are working at improving themselves as others before have.

It is our pleasure/honor and we take pride in those that moved on to much better positions in life past... gardener/laborer.