Question on Divorce and Residency

LT_Gringo

Feb 6, 2017
If you obtained temporary residency as a married couple and divorce, does this have an effect on the residency, i.e. do you have to begin again or do the renewals continue as usual?

Thanks

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
If you obtained temporary residency as a married couple and divorce, does this have an effect on the residency, i.e. do you have to begin again or do the renewals continue as usual?

Thanks

If you have your own cedulla I would think you can renew it as usual.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
It would be nice to know ( not that i am planning a divorce, mind you ).
They do ask for a marriage certificate, legalisado. 
Not only for the 1 st residency but also for renewals...... so its a good question.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
It would be nice to know ( not that i am planning a divorce, mind you ).
They do ask for a marriage certificate, legalisado. 
Not only for the 1 st residency but also for renewals...... so its a good question.

He would still have a copy of the marriage certificate.. just leave the devorce papers 

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
He would still have a copy of the marriage certificate.. just leave the devorce papers 

No. They have dates on them ( obviously I am not speaking of the wedding date....lol ),  and it has to at most 3 months old, or something like that.

This a country where you have to  get a diffrent birth certificate each time ( like as if my birth certificate changes......duuuh ), so a wedding ceetificate........