New printer needed (WiFi) where to buy?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
http://www.omega.com.do/

I bought one here. I spoke to them on the phone, they Emailed me what they had, and sent me the printer I wanted by Metro Pac. Good selection and prices for here are good.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We bought an excellent Epson L355 "continuous ink" wifi printer from Cecomsa in Santiago. It does not need ink cartridges, just inexpensive inks (4 colors) in a reservoir.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
We bought an excellent Epson L355 "continuous ink" wifi printer from Cecomsa in Santiago. It does not need ink cartridges, just inexpensive inks (4 colors) in a reservoir.

I looked at that one and it's a nice printer. A bit pricy, but the ink tank system makes up for it. Word of advice though. Don't use cheap ink. It will eventually clog up your print heads. If you have already used the generic refill ink, make sure you print off a full colour page document at least twice a week to keep the ink flowing through.

Buy the proper branded Epson ink off amazon.

To the OP, Pricesmart also have a good selection of printers.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I looked at that one and it's a nice printer. A bit pricy, but the ink tank system makes up for it. Word of advice though. Don't use cheap ink. It will eventually clog up your print heads. If you have already used the generic refill ink, make sure you print off a full colour page document at least twice a week to keep the ink flowing through.
I learned this the hard way, and have become an expert in cleaning the head with a cleaning fluid delivered through syringe pressure.

And ONLY Epson ink. It os not expensive.

While the initial purchase price is more that a "standard" machine, not having to buy spendy cartridges saves a ton of time and money.

Highly recommend this machine, has worked perfectly out of the box. I do a LOT of printing of an 60-page color document.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Laser printer is the way to go. Especially if you do not need color.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

Buy the proper branded Epson ink off amazon.

To the OP, Pricesmart also have a good selection of printers.

I will bet on pricesmart I think. Nobody through Amazon or so? 

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I learned this the hard way, and have become an expert in cleaning the head with a cleaning fluid delivered through syringe pressure.

And ONLY Epson ink. It os not expensive.

While the initial purchase price is more that a "standard" machine, not having to buy spendy cartridges saves a ton of time and money.

Highly recommend this machine, has worked perfectly out of the box. I do a LOT of printing of an 60-page color document.

If it breaks they will also fix it fairly cheaply. We have 3 at the school and they are workhorses.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
We need a new WiFi printer. Anyone knows the best Place or would Amazon.com work with that?

Check Amazon. You can buy a Brother multi purpose all in one ink jet, wifi connected printer for around $50 plus shipping. Seller is in Fla so it would be fast to ship to a forwarder and then to the DR. I have one similiar and they are very reliable and also have a function that cleans printing heads which allows you to use a cheaper ink cartridge other than the expensive one from the manufacturer. Can't beat that deal.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Laser printer is the way to go. Especially if you do not need color.

I sprung for a color laser printer. No clogging issues and laser is still cheaper/page than inkjet. Occasionally you'll find one stuck away in a corner, as many folks will walk away from them and it'll get used as a makeshift table.