Are air guns legal in DR...

BobtheCat

Aug 28, 2010
I think I understand all of the requirements and laws involving standard firearms, but what I would like to know are the laws and requirements if any for air guns, importation, ownership etc. If someone could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, M.  

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Importation of any firearm or ammunition requires an import permit. Air guns that fire a projectile are classified as a firearm. To own one, you will need to purchase it here in the DR and procure a firearms license for it as you would for any other class of permitted firearm.

Last edited:

BobtheCat

Aug 28, 2010
Maybe I overstated my understanding being DR and all, that is why I asked, thanks for the heads up and a source to get me started. I will do more research, maybe I can track down any laws concerning a bow. Thanks again. M 

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Maybe I overstated my understanding being DR and all, that is why I asked, thanks for the heads up and a source to get me started. I will do more research, maybe I can track down any laws concerning a bow. Thanks again. M 

Bows and Crossbows are not firearms. There should not be a problem importing them or arrows. It is true that a firearms license is necessary even to purchase a BB Gun and you will not be allowed to legally import one yourself.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Paintball guns seem to be legal as well, and they use the same propellant as airguns. And both can cause serious injury or put out an eye.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Paintball guns seem to be legal as well, and they use the same propellant as airguns. And both can cause serious injury or put out an eye.

As far as I know, you are correct. The legalizing difference appears to be they fire paint and not bb's or pellets.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
As far as I know, you are correct. The legalizing difference appears to be they fire paint and not bb's or pellets.

That's the part that makes no sense (if airguns are regulated) since they can both do similar damage.

But there I go, trying to make sense of what goes on here again. One of these days I'll stop that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That's the part that makes no sense (if airguns are regulated) since they can both do similar damage.

But there I go, trying to make sense of what goes on here again. One of these days I'll stop that.

Exactly. It is hard for those of us that are able to think logically.