Yet another dog poisoned..

May 29, 2006
We lost our six month old puppy last night. Rat poison, as usual. I don't think he was targeted. A hard loss as always.[video=youtube_share;6B-2EmIo-3E]https://youtu.be/6B-2EmIo-3E[/video]

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I am very sorry to hear you lost your Pup in such a terrible way..
Just sad and sickening.. no words really to describe it ..

May 29, 2006
Happens all the time in the barrio. I can think of six dogs in the last year. Another four killed by motos. Hard to be away.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I'm sorry for your loss, and feel your pain. My dog Nicky passed last March. Very tough time for the household. Almost a year later, and I'm still debating whether I want to get another one. I've turned down four offers in the last year. Very tough, as I am a dog lover, but the lack of respect many, not all, but many people in the DR have not just for dogs but other people's property really gnaws at me. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Sorry Peter. We have had meet laced with rat poison thrown over are wall in the middle of the night to kill our dogs while would be intruders waited. The barks changed, I'm a light sleeper, so went to look. The intruders saw me and left. One dog died in my wife's arms and another saved via emergency vet.

It can tear your heart out. But they were doing their jobs and we honor them. Sad to know that your loved animal pets are also at risk and that's part of life here.

Was your dog inside a walled/secured area?

May 29, 2006
No, he was let out while the kids were in school and mi esposa was working. I'm visiting the States and usually kept an eye on him. I've come to accept it's just the way things are, at least until we get a real house with a yard.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Am so sorry. I lost 3 dogs - well I didn't lose them, neighbours poisoned them with rat poison - a couple of months back. We are now building a 12 foot wall between us and them. Neighbour's fighting cocks would fly over the wire fence into our garden and dogs would eat them. They had two options, kill dogs or move roosters. They chose option one. They will regret it, when the time is right.

Matilda

May 29, 2006
I have no way of knowing, but it could have had something to do with him *playing* with the neighbors' ducks. He never killed any that I know of, but could have been a motive. Mi esposa said he was "muy comelón". Had a bad habit of eating chicken feathers from the corner cock fighting ring.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
In this country feathered animals always win over cats and dogs. A dog can't be in the house but a rooster can be in the bed. Go figure. We train the pups now - hard for me to see but they never go near chickens after training. Once again so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Matilda