visa problems

sugamiles

Mar 1, 2002
I am American, and my fiance is Dominican. He has played baseball in the US for the past seven years with no problems. This year when he went to the consulate to get his visa, they told him that he needed additional information to prove his birthdate. I understand that DR has had a lot of issues with players changing their ages, but in his case this IS NOT SO. The problem comes in where his birthcertificate was declared late, which is not uncommon there. His family and I have done everything that we can possible think of to prove his birth year is correct, but so far..nothing. I am extremely worried now because he needs to be in the US as soon as possible to start spring training before he is released from the team. Does anyone have any suggestions?

sugamiles

Mar 1, 2002
Mkohn,

He brought a copy of his school record, and they said it did not have "enough" information on it. As far as the baptismal record he went to see the Padre, but I don't know what the outcome of that was.

I have a copy of a I-129F form from INS (which is a petition for alien fiance.) But I was told that the processing time for that is 2 months.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
sugamiles said:
Mkohn,

He brought a copy of his school record, and they said it did not have "enough" information on it. As far as the baptismal record he went to see the Padre, but I don't know what the outcome of that was.

I have a copy of a I-129F form from INS (which is a petition for alien fiance.) But I was told that the processing time for that is 2 months.

About the only sucessful methof i have seen for bringing in foreigm nationals is to request assistance from your Senator or Congressman.

Outa here tomorroe z:)

Janice

sugamiles

Mar 1, 2002
mkohn said:
Does he have a baptismal certificate or school matriculacion record?
Mkohn,

sugamiles

Mar 1, 2002
Janice said:

About the only sucessful methof i have seen for bringing in foreigm nationals is to request assistance from your Senator or Congressman.

Outa here tomorroe z:)

Janice

Janice,

Thanks, I have contacted my local congressman, but nothing yet.

Last edited:

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
K-1 Visa

Just to let you know the going ime for the K-1 visa is about 4-5 months. It takes 1 month just to get it through the first step.

Just thought you would like to know.

Jerry