Dominican journalism

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Google:
SANTO DOMINGO - A newspaper in the Dominican Republic instead of a picture of Donald Trump news agency published a picture of actor Alec Baldwin, giving an imitation of the American president at best in a TV program.

The photo of "Trump" was Friday on page 19 next to a portrait of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in El Nacional Dominicano. The newspaper offered Saturday to apologize for the mistake.

Baldwin imitates Trump in the weekly satirical program Saturday Night Live. Trump has let on Twitter know the "not funny" to find and "really bad TV."
http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/27604754/__Krant_plaatst_foto_foute__Trump___.html

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
56531AD7-11C6-4143-A6B1-2C044951C40C_zpsxkkphnwk.png

http://elnacional.com.do/aclaracion-por-fotografia/

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Like every place else in the world, there are decent news sources, bad ones, and just plain garbage. Some papers are just tabloid nonsense, but if that's your thing so be it. Your choice. I prefer news sources that do indeed have more of an old school journalistic approach, and it can be found in some sources. I'm a reader. Lover of information. History buff. Not a fact checker, well, ok yes I am. I subscribe to two Dominican newspapers, that are delivered to my house every morning....isn't that a throwback? Anyway, the two newspapers I read often have several pages dedicated to historical content, factual information, and op-ed pieces by educated people.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
"El Nacional" is covering its tracks REAL fast and blaming AP. All I know is this: it made my day.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Like every place else in the world, there are decent news sources, bad ones, and just plain garbage. Some papers are just tabloid nonsense, but if that's your thing so be it. Your choice. I prefer news sources that do indeed have more of an old school journalistic approach, and it can be found in some sources. I'm a reader. Lover of information. History buff. Not a fact checker, well, ok yes I am. I subscribe to two Dominican newspapers, that are delivered to my house every morning....isn't that a throwback? Anyway, the two newspapers I read often have several pages dedicated to historical content, factual information, and op-ed pieces by educated people.

El Nacional is not a bad newspaper for dominican standards, owned by corripio (as Hoy, El Día, Listín Diario for the greater part). 

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i like el caribe the most. the language is atrocious but good murder coverage.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Saw a segment about this on a Boston news station this morning. They showed the paper with the pictures. The newscasters were laughing and making fun of it. cute....
PS I love Saturday Night Live again! It's going to be funny until Trump and his press secretary are gone.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I --- quite seriously --- wonder if this will have a further impact on airport hassles for Dominicans entering the US.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I --- quite seriously --- wonder if this will have a further impact on airport hassles for Dominicans entering the US.

that is actually a very valid question. we are not in a position to know the extent of broadcasting of this faux pas in the US, but if it is misconstrued to be a political statement, it might eventuate negative repercussions.