Manat'i Park/limon Cascade Excursion

khughes

Feb 4, 2002
does anyone have any information on manat'i park i was told you could swim with the dolphins at $60.00 u.s. dollars a phone number would be great

also limon cascade does anyone know how far this is from punta cana and if it is worth the trip.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
"swim" with the dolphins

My wife and I went to the park and had a great time, we were down on that end of the island about a year ago. We wanted to swim with the dolphins also, but it was booked up...so we went to watch instead. Here is what you get:

Put on a lifejacket
ok, now squat down here next to the water
now put your hand on the dolphin that just swam up beside you(while we take a picture)
now rub him on the belly (while we take a picture)
ok, now get in the water and when the dolphin swims to you, grab him by the fins and ride out about 15' on his belley (while we take a picture)
Ok, now get back in here, take off that lifejacket and give it to someone else in line.
By the way, we have some great pictures of you if you want to buy some!

Many people were very upset at the amount of money they spent to "swim" with the dolphins when all they did was just pose for a couple of pics and then get dragged by one for a few feet.

Like I said that was a year ago, things may have changed, and perhaps you would be happy with the experience. For us, we were glad it was already booked up, or I would have been one unhappy camper.

marc

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Samana is a whole day trip from Punta Cana. It is not worth the distance especially just to visit the cascade. Suggest you come back for another trip and stay at least a week. Lots of excellent value places to stay in. This area is totally different from Punta Cana. And it is a waste to visit just for a night. See the page on Samana at http://www.dr1.com (side bar on Destinations)

vanessa

Feb 6, 2002
Maniti Park

I was very happy with the experience at Maniti Park. But then again I have always wanted to swim with Dolphins.
Marc's recount is pretty accurate, but he forgot to mention that once everyone has done the "photo session", you're let into the pool in groups of 4 or 5 for about 5 minutes, to swim around with the dolphins. Each time I've been, the dolphins came right up to us.
The pictures they took were beautifull. A bit pricey (if I remember correctly they are $25 for 5) but really good quality. And it's only an option, you dont have to buy them.
I know that seaworld in San Diego offers the same type of Dolphin encouter for $100, and we did it in Cuba for $65usd and with both of those you only get about 10 minutes total in the pool as well.
I guess it's a matter of personal opinion. I'm glad I did it, I've done it 5 times already and I'm planning on going again this year!